• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Goex Black Powder

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Builder

Reaction score
Anybody have any FFFF Black powder that want to part with some? Only looking for 100 grams, a few ounces to a pound.

Chuck

You would have to find someone local or buy through a vendor that can ship hazmat items. I heard that Midway had some in stock again the other day so there is still some to be found, just have to keep checking sites.
If you give a general location, there may be someone here local to you.

You would have to find someone local or buy through a vendor that can ship hazmat items. I heard that Midway had some in stock again the other day so there is still some to be found, just have to keep checking sites.
If you give a general location, there may be someone here local to you.
That’s true forgot about the Hazmat midway is out. People went crazy when they heard factory closing. Probably end up sooner then later with Swiss powder. That’s all gone too

Midway did get some back in stock since the first announcement and buying rush. They may be filtering it in slowly, or finding a source. Add your email for in stock notifications and cross your fingers. I think things will stabilize eventually and will be able to find some variation available.

There is always this option if you just need some to get by until the gun shops re-stock.
https://www.buyrocketmotors.com/ejection-charge-kit-12-pack/
I have about 47 grams left from my stock, but I seen that the other day and ordered 25 charges. I make my own APCP motors and use some Aerotech too. I just get a little nervous when I am starting to run a little low and all or most FFFF suppliers are out because of a panic because Hodgdon is closing the Goex factory. Thanks

It has been discontinued.

...and the disruptions in shipping and distribution has lead to wack-a-mole style odd lots of the last of the production popping up periodically. Midway got some that sold out in just a few days, same with one of my local gun shops.

...and the disruptions in shipping and distribution has lead to wack-a-mole style odd lots of the last of the production popping up periodically. Midway got some that sold out in just a few days, same with one of my local gun shops.

I got two bottles from Midway. I have enough to last me years. I also have kits to make 20 pounds.

I got two bottles from Midway. I have enough to last me years. I also have kits to make 20 pounds.

I think folks overestimate their personal usage. That and covid shortages have made folks hypersensitive to 'none currently available' as though it were the dead last package of (fill in the blank) ever going to be produced on the planet.

I think folks overestimate their personal usage. That and covid shortages have made folks hypersensitive to 'none currently available' as though it were the dead last package of (fill in the blank) ever going to be produced on the planet.

I forgot to add that I have 3 other cans. 5 Cans should last atleast 4-5 years

If anyone is searching online and find GOEX in stock, be aware there are several scam sites that say they have "everything" in stock. The warning sign is that they only accept Zelle and Bitcoin.
Some examples of these scam sites are:
https://alphexfirearms.com/
https://emeraldgunshop.com/
https://firearms-world.com/

Check the BBB online and search the website name for scam reporting before ordering!!!

How long does BP "last" in a cool dry place sealed up in the original can? I have some 4F sitting downstairs in a safe and am wondering what the lifetime is?

Kurt

How long does BP "last" in a cool dry place sealed up in the original can? I have some 4F sitting downstairs in a safe and am wondering what the lifetime is?

Kurt
I've used some that I found at my hunt camp that was well over 20 years old and questionable storage history....worked like a champ.

Back