Quantcast

Goddard Rocket Launches in D.C.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

DPatell

Reaction score
I am travelling to Washington DC in July, and I was wondering about the Goddard Museum. I read somewhere that they have launches, and wondered how big you are allowed to fly there. I'd love to fly my Magnum there on a K1100, but don't know what they support...do any of you know?

wwattles

Reaction score
I really don't know, but I can't imagine that they'd allow anything over an E considering the airspace restrictions in that area.

WW

vjp

Reaction score
Originally posted by mike howie
You should visit the NARHAMS web page.
http://narhams.org
1st Sat of each month. Only up to D, no staging.
...and I would recommend keeping flights to <500 feet, unless there's zero wind and you're using a streamer.

The Goddard field is smaller than some folk's back yards - if you're coming up to the DC area on the second Saturday of the month, though, come up to Middletown Park in Frederick and fly with NARHAMS there (up to "G" allowed after noon).

thomasrau

Reaction score
Dan,

We missed you and your Dad at todays launch.

DPatell

Reaction score
Yea, I'm sorry I couldn't be there, my dad is in India for work. My mom wouldn't drive me to the field to pick up my motors, either:-/ I hope you guys had a good launch!

thomasrau

Reaction score
Dan,

Hopefully you can make Pineplains next week, Eric has something special planned.
Today's launch was good, managed to hang the Eclipse in a tree after a nice J570 flight. Eric had one great flight, followed by one that came down further than it went up.