Goblin finally done...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my ThrustAero Goblin kit in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to build and fly. The quality of the kit is top notch! I plan on using a 12" mylar chute that I also bought from ThrustAero to bring my Goblin down safe and sound. Thanks,

revkeith

Nice, is that a kit or is it a clone of an old Estes kit.

If it is a clone I might have some questions for you; I am trying to clone the old Estes V3 right now

Nice work on the rocket it looks great!

Originally posted by Ryan S.
Nice, is that a kit or is it a clone of an old Estes kit.

If it is a clone I might have some questions for you; I am trying to clone the old Estes V3 right now

Nice work on the rocket it looks great!
Thanks!

It's actually a clone. They are available for sale as well.

revkeith-Thank You
John;)

nice!!!

The V3 shouldnt be to hard the only problem is the fin dimensions I can't seem to find any, where did you get yours?

Originally posted by Ryan S.
nice!!!

The V3 shouldnt be to hard the only problem is the fin dimensions I can't seem to find any, where did you get yours?
I kept a lot of plans from when I was a kid. I don't have them all but I do have a bunch.
JIMZ's has a real extensive site for plans and scans which of course includes sheets for demisions and patterns. Here's the link:
https://www.dars.org/jimz/est1970.htm

VERY NICE GOBLIN!!

I have had my Goblin for 40 years!! AND I still fly it. Why: I use a streamer only. Yes, it will come down fast.... but that is a very small rocket for a D engine.

Flying:
Very nicely done! looks fantastic! I'd stay with the streamer, you might want to try a 3 or 4" by 60" mylar streamer.
My Goblin like Astronboy's is also still flying with many repairs since it's construction 02-16-72. If you recall is came with a 2" x 60" crape streamer recovery. I'm sure that's why we still have them, I've been flying mine on a 3" x 60" 1mil mylar streamer since replaceing the crape original years ago. A 12" Chute can go a very long way from 1500ft up:)
Painted mine Orange and Black.. seemed more Halloweenie than the yellow. and Yes I do have a Micro-Maxx Goblin:)

Ok, ok, I listen to the pro's...I'll stay with the streamer and hope to keep my Goblin for 40 years!

revkeith

Revkeith:
Or you could build a Micro-Maxx version Goblin, that flys to about 75 feet and recovers on a 3/4" x 12" teflon plumbers tape streamer or a 5" 1/4mil mylar chute:) heres a pic

Nice micro-max Goblin! I've always wanted to scale-up but maybe it's time to go the other way - micro.

revkeith

Nice man, I need to build someof those MMX rockets. Ever since I saw Carl's I have been inspired

it also flys well on a
C-6 engine with a mmt reducer for those smaller fields
also try a C-11.....mine flys great on a C-11!

Back