Goat says hi!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goat

Reaction score
Hello all,

First post. I very very new to the forums.

I just started "messing" around with LPRs over the winter. I've resurrected my childhood fascination and hobby with my wife and am really getting a kick out of it.

Started with an Estes SpeedFreak (RTF) and an Estes Alpha-III (E2X). Snapped a fin on the Speedfreak on it's second landing, and lost the Alpha on it's 5th flight...maybe I shouldn't have put a C motor in at...at a school field, when there were wind gusts... :D

Anyway, a little construction experience later and we're ready to fly again! I have a new Alpha-III v2, a repaired SpeedFreak, a Big Bertha, and 2 custom designed jobs that were built to work on construction techniques...e.g. the red/black job has bi-convex airfoil fins.

Anyway...I do have a question...which I posted HERE. Hopefully that's the right spot.

Cheers,

5rockets.jpg

Welcome.

Nice start.

Open your wallet. Wider.

Glad to here it's a family affair.

Welcome! I hope that you'll have fun and learn a lot as you poke around. I know I have!

Dude!

BAH Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha haah!

(Not sure if I'm entirely correct in my "Goat-ese" dialect, but I'm sure it translates somewhere along the lines of ...Welcome to TRF!...)

Nice shot of some nice builds. It's cool you threw some rulers in your fleet photo to help demonstrate actual dimensions.

Lottsa cool stuff here if you don't already know...

Dude!

BAH Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha haah!

(Not sure if I'm entirely correct in my "Goat-ese" dialect, but I'm sure it translates somewhere along the lines of ...Welcome to TRF!...)

Nice shot of some nice builds. It's cool you threw some rulers in your fleet photo to help demonstrate actual dimensions.

Lottsa cool stuff here if you don't already know...

LOL Well, I'm not sure what simian dialect I could respond to you in Monkey...so I'll just use bad English.

Anyway, I thought the rulers were a must...otherwise no perspective :)

Welcome aboard!

Always nice to have another BAR around.

So, who will want to try a Level 1 cert. first, you or the wife? :D

Even without knowing what a Level 1 cert is, I strongly suspect the answer is me.

In Level 1 do you have to achieve earth orbit? ;)

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Cheers,

Last edited:
First off welcome to the asylum...ummm, The Rocketry Forum! :) I am sure you will find TONS of information here..We are the Radio Shack of rockets: Got questions? We got answers!

The 'Level 1' Handemann was referring to is in the High Power Rockets(HPR) arena..It allows you to fly larger rockets and more powerful motors. To get 'certified' to Level 1 you would first have to be a member of one of the major rocketry orginizations, and seeing your in Canada, most appropriate would be C.A.R. or Canadian Association of Rocketry(https://www.canadianrocketry.org/)..

First off welcome to the asylum...ummm, The Rocketry Forum! :) I am sure you will find TONS of information here..We are the Radio Shack of rockets: Got questions? We got answers!

The 'Level 1' Handemann was referring to is in the High Power Rockets(HPR) arena..It allows you to fly larger rockets and more powerful motors. To get 'certified' to Level 1 you would first have to be a member of one of the major rocketry orginizations, and seeing your in Canada, most appropriate would be C.A.R. or Canadian Association of Rocketry(https://www.canadianrocketry.org/)..

Thanks for the explanation!

Cheers,

Back