Go Vote!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Phantasmo

Reaction score
Vote in our U.S. presidential election! Tomorrow is the last day to vote!
(Provided you're eligible)

Remember, there are two roads to hell.
Your vote will determine which one the U.S. takes!

Vote in our U.S. presidential election! Tomorrow is the last day to vote!
(Provided you're eligible)

Voting early (before election day) is gaining popularity, but I think the vast majority of folks cast their ballot on Election Day at the polling place in-person.

The following states only allow voting on election day (absentee ballots notwithstanding):
Alabama
Connecticut
Delaware
Michigan
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island

I voted twice already. If I can get off a little early tomorrow I'll add another.

I'll be heading to the polls tomorrow and then starting my election night drinking binge! I think California does have early voting, and my wife likes to get an absentee ballot, but I enjoy the process of going to the polls on Election Day. I made my decisions on President, Senator, Representative, and state Assembly long ago, so I spent the weekend going over the choices for local government candidates and the propositions, which I always seem to save until the last minute. All my choices are filled out now on the sample ballot, and I'm ready to roll!

I had to run to Wal-Mart today (something that makes me cringe almost as much as elections) and I saw this sign. Normally I don't think politics and religion should mix, but I had to agree with this one.

Jesus is coming soon - Hopefully before the election

I'll be heading to the polls tomorrow and then starting my election night drinking binge! I think California does have early voting, and my wife likes to get an absentee ballot, but I enjoy the process of going to the polls on Election Day. I made my decisions on President, Senator, Representative, and state Assembly long ago, so I spent the weekend going over the choices for local government candidates and the propositions, which I always seem to save until the last minute. All my choices are filled out now on the sample ballot, and I'm ready to roll!

WA is all vote by mail or drop box, so we voted a couple of weeks ago. I just checked to make sure the elections office got the ballot and verified my signature. I do kind of miss the social aspect of walking two blocks away to the polling place, which pulled from a ~15-block radius. On the other hand, I like spreading the voter's pamphlet and endorsements out on the dining room table and talk over issues with my wife when voting by mail. Sometimes, we even cancel each other out.

WA is all vote by mail or drop box, so we voted a couple of weeks ago. I just checked to make sure the elections office got the ballot and verified my signature. I do kind of miss the social aspect of walking two blocks away to the polling place, which pulled from a ~15-block radius. On the other hand, I like spreading the voter's pamphlet and endorsements out on the dining room table and talk over issues with my wife when voting by mail. Sometimes, we even cancel each other out.

My wife and I do that process with our sample ballots. Mostly we agree. Sometimes we change the other's mind. And sometimes we cancel each other out. I think I am better at researching, analyzing and being informed, but she is more decisive about making a choice. It's a fun process! Although, this year we had something like 18 statewide ballot initiatives to vote on, plus two local propositions! Too many! The voter information pamphlet was over 200 pages! That's a lot of stuff to have to wade through.

I find it funny that some state allow you to vote early, then go and vote again, and again, and again.. so you can change your vote as they change their policies!

I voted for Kodos!

[video=youtube;4v7XXSt9XRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7XXSt9XRM[/video]

Last edited:
I voted for Kodos!

[video=youtube;4v7XXSt9XRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7XXSt9XRM[/video]

Are you insane? Make the Milky Way great again, vote for Kang!

Already voted a week ago. Vote by mail... best thing since sparky motors.

For those in California, there are ballot measures that need your attention even if the national election in California is a foregone conclusion.

The ballot measures are important.

Election Day has started! Polls have opened in Dixville Notch, NH, the ballots have all been cast, and the vote has been tallied! I don't really feel like announcing the winner here for fear of appearing partizan --- just wanted to point out the thing has FINALLY started!

Damned right I Vote! It is my Duty as a Citizen!

+1
I may have my preferences but it is more important to me that everyone who is eligible exercise their right to vote, regardless of who you support. If your choice is Kodos or Kang, then write it in and make your choice official.

Voted first thing this morning...got in line 15 minutes after open, waited another 20, had to at least be a 20-minute wait behind me. Never seen so many people in line...voter turnout is going to be high. Not too many people sitting on the sidelines this year!

I had to run to Wal-Mart today (something that makes me cringe almost as much as elections) and I saw this sign. Normally I don't think politics and religion should mix, but I had to agree with this one.

Jesus is coming soon - Hopefully before the election

Jesus promised he is coming soon. Regardless what happens God has a plan for man.

Maybe we should vote on Veteran's Day. I can't think of a better reminder of why voting is so important, the right to vote was paid for with over 200 years of blood.

Voted a week ago.

I'm so glad that you all voted, and furthermore you ALL voted for exactly the same candidates/measures that I did...nice!

("Exactly the same" meaning: those that you felt were the right choice for you.)

ssix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back