The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last word I had from him, his COA’s were lost in transit between signatures and he was having to reprint them.
Long story short, I sent them to Bruce in CO, he signed them, they were supposed to be shipped to Jerry’s address. Well Jerry went to New Mexico for the UpAerospace Launch, so Bruce sent them there and they got lost somewhere. I thought he sent them to me. When I asked he never received them in the first place. Anyways I’ll have them finally next week here and they’ll be sent immediately after. Sorry about that, was planning to ship them right away in November. There were no tracking as the post office put stamps on the return addresses, apparently the only way to do it when paying the return shipping.

Hello there yes these are still available, in stock and ready to ship including the kit, recovery pacage and altimeter bays. Thanks so much!
Hi Buddy, late to the party here...
Are the kits still available? I see them on the website. Was planning to order one in the new year. Looks like a beautifully designed kit.
Thanks!
also - if you guys ever do another Miss Riley rocket, I'd 100% build that

Hi Buddy, late to the party here...
Are the kits still available? I see them on the website. Was planning to order one in the new year. Looks like a beautifully designed kit.
Thanks!
also - if you guys ever do another Miss Riley rocket, I'd 100% build that
Hello yes they are, these kits are in stock and ready to ship! You will absolutely love it!

I'm interested in the Space Shot kit, and if it's still available I have some questions.
I have downloaded the RockSim file, but something's wrong and it won't run the sim (when I launch, the engine runs forever but with no speed or altitude data in the pop-up).
So manually entered it using the dimensions shown in the downloaded file.
My manually entered file runs OK, but it comes out much lighter than the downloaded original, which has many component mass-overrides but with no CG's (that I estimated but didn't apply).
Are the mass-overrides, overall mass, overall CG and stability accurate?

I'm interested in the Space Shot kit, and if it's still available I have some questions.
I have downloaded the RockSim file, but something's wrong and it won't run the sim (when I launch, the engine runs forever but with no speed or altitude data in the pop-up).
So manually entered it using the dimensions shown in the downloaded file.
My manually entered file runs OK, but it comes out much lighter than the downloaded original, which has many component mass-overrides but with no CG's (that I estimated but didn't apply).
Are the mass-overrides, overall mass, overall CG and stability accurate?
Hello yes this kit is still available, everything should be accurate in the file, how much lighter does it come out? The built kit should be around 6.5lbs without chutes/motor.

Thanks for the quick reply, Buddy

My initial RockSim entry using the dimensions I got from the download was 11 oz with a CG of 42 inches, using the RockSim defaults (for fiberglass), including parachutes but no engine, recovery harness, hardware, centering rings, engine retainer or anything in the AV bay. Obviously this was grossly in error; I don't have much experience with fiberglass but I know it's lots heavier than that!

After entering mass overrides for all components in accordance with those available from the download (and guessing at their CG's, which were not specified), I then got 71 oz with a CG of 45 inches.
That's still far short of 6.5 lbs: that's why I asked. I'm guessing that there will be at least another couple pounds (or three, or four...) once the parachutes, harness and avionics are included.
And then there's the motor... It's a heavy rocket! My introduction to high power fiberglass... (My only L2 launch has been my qualifier, which was a 6 lb cardboard/plywood Apogee Katana)

I'll order one right away!

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply, Buddy

My initial RockSim entry using the dimensions I got from the download was 11 oz with a CG of 42 inches, using the RockSim defaults (for fiberglass), including parachutes but no engine, recovery harness, hardware, centering rings, engine retainer or anything in the AV bay. Obviously this was grossly in error; I don't have much experience with fiberglass but I know it's lots heavier than that!

After entering mass overrides for all components in accordance with those available from the download (and guessing at their CG's, which were not specified), I then got 71 oz with a CG of 45 inches.
That's still far short of 6.5 lbs: that's why I asked. I'm guessing that there will be at least another couple pounds (or three, or four...) once the parachutes, harness and avionics are included.
And then there's the motor... It's a heavy rocket! My introduction to high power fiberglass... (My only L2 launch has been my qualifier, which was a 6 lb cardboard/plywood Apogee Katana)

I'll order one right away!

Pete

Had the same problem when I ordered and built mine. IIRC the fins didn't have a material defined. Setting that correctly fixed it.

Going to be flying the Rocketman GoFast Rocket tomorrow on a Aerotech K850 Dark Matter! This motor will have 219lbs of thrust for a 12lb on the pad rocket (4.5lb Motor). The rocket should go close 12,000ft. I am using 1 SLCF and 1 RRC3 in a SMT Designs electronics bay with a 2ft Pro X Drogue and a 6ft Rocketman Parachute. I will have a Featherwight GPS and Rocket Hunter for backup. Can’t wait to see this beautiful bird fly hit Mach+!

Attachments

• 6EB41007-92C8-45C5-B99F-C77B4F8BC857.jpeg
    6EB41007-92C8-45C5-B99F-C77B4F8BC857.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 50
  • AF8C6987-5419-4D28-97D0-81BC0C188948.jpeg
    AF8C6987-5419-4D28-97D0-81BC0C188948.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 947FECE1-3EEC-4F97-885C-CF8AA7BC45F4.jpeg
    947FECE1-3EEC-4F97-885C-CF8AA7BC45F4.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 92271CEF-07FF-4788-BD81-A806808CF1F0.jpeg
    92271CEF-07FF-4788-BD81-A806808CF1F0.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 15447E24-D29A-440E-94A6-718B201D8E59.jpeg
    15447E24-D29A-440E-94A6-718B201D8E59.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 44
Going to be flying the Rocketman GoFast Rocket tomorrow on a Aerotech K850 Dark Matter! This motor will have 219lbs of thrust for a 12lb on the pad rocket (4.5lb Motor). The rocket should go close 12,000ft. I am using 1 SLCF and 1 RRC3 in a SMT Designs electronics bay with a 2ft Pro X Drogue and a 6ft Rocketman Parachute. I will have a Featherwight GPS and Rocket Hunter for backup. Can’t wait to see this beautiful bird fly hit Mach+!

Cool, please post your flight data once you download it. I'd love to see the altitude curve.

Filled with 'landscape envy', and I don't even fly High Power yet...

Congratulations on the flight. Curious, in your pre-flight post you were estimating ~12k, and the actual flight was on the order of 20% less than projected. Winds aloft alter the flight path off vertical?

r/
dave

Well maybe it was a SWAG.
I would assume somebody developing a kit to sell would have done 100's of simulation runs on the design over a wide range of motors and would know how it would perform.
So at a minimum, I would have expected a better, somewhat informed, SWAG.

Back