GLRMR IX - May 2nd and 3rd

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Contest events: Giant Sport Scale, Plastic Model Conversion, B Rocket Glider, and A Superroc Duration

A note from the Skybusters President:

To All Fellow Rocketeers,

May 02 AND Sunday, May 03, 2009 come back to Northern Ohio where it all started! The Skybusters Rocketry Club, NAR #535, AND the Northern Ohio Tripoli Rocketry Association (NOTRA - TRA #003) are pleased to announce the NINTH Great Lakes Regional Meet Revisited Launch. A first ever "UFO Fly-In" is the featured event plus we will have a plethora of rocket raffle prizes (We are still accepting donations/ideas for prizes). Both low power multi-pad rails will be set up to host Scout groups and the like, and for competition flying (TBA).

Flying times are 9AM to 4PM daily.

There will be incentives for Range Safety Officer, Launch Controller, and Pad Manger shifts (2 hour shifts). We will also need help with registration and raffle ticket sales.

Setup will be on Friday May 1st at 12PM.

SEE YOU AT THE LAUNCH!!!

Dan Vento
President
Skybusters NAR 535

PS. Get those flying saucers, alien spacecraft, and otherworldly objects ready to fill the sky over Amherst at approximately 1:30 pm each day.

These rocket meets were started in the 1970s here in Northern Ohio and eventually turned into the first LDRS launches which were held in Medina, OH. The GLRMR-IX will be held at our Amherst, OH field.

We have a large, flat farm to use with a FAA waiver to one mile. Flights thru "L" motors are possible. We are HyperTEK, RATT Works, Sky Ripper and CONTRAIL Hybrid equipped. Porta-Johns will be on site. There is a SUBWAY restaurant just up the road at Rt. 60, or BYOF & Drink (No alcohol during launch hours).

I was hoping to be there, but now I think my daughter has a track meet. :(

I got a few photo's from yesterdays launch, it was kinda muddy in the morning but dried out fairly well by the afternoon and I had a great day of flying. First I put up my modified Yank Mystic Buzz on a I357.
rocketlaunch2-may-09002.jpg

Next it was my 3" IQSY Tomahawk again with a I357.
rocketlaunch2-may-09018.jpg

The recovery area.
rocketlaunch2-may-09022.jpg

Fred Ziegler's upscale Goblin (I think) on a nice flight.
rocketlaunch2-may-09023.jpg

Art Uptons Aerotech Arreaux on a G something flight.
rocketlaunch2-may-09024.jpg

Don't know the name of this rocket but it flew beautifully.
rocketlaunch2-may-09026.jpg

On the way down.
rocketlaunch2-may-09028.jpg

I got about 50 shots like this, it was a guys L2 attempt on a J350.
rocketlaunch2-may-09034.jpg

Keep the photos coming!

Saturday's weather was kind of windy. The field was muddy. Is rained the night before. Sunday on the other hand was fantastic. Great weather and the field dried out.

I was able to put up two flights of my HV Arcas on Sunday. Each flight was on a G40-7. Those were the last flights of the launch on Sunday.

Was a good weekend.

And my Rose-A-Roc starts its first successful (49 second) launch! :D
101_0060.jpg

UFO flyoff part 2: May 3rd
101b0301.jpg

Here are some photos of the Giant Sport Scale event at GLRMR:

Dart Optimal 168 (with incredible telemetry on board!!!)
100_9980-1.jpg

100_9983.jpg

LOC Precison V2
101_0170.jpg

101b0180.jpg

Aerotech Astrobee D
100_9995.jpg

101b0040.jpg

Scratch build upscale Zenit (my first scratch build and my largest model rocket to date)
101b0240.jpg

101b0241.jpg

101b0250.jpg

Great day...great fun!!!

Latest posts

Back