GLRMR-IV is Announced!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weekends

Reaction score
From the SkyBusters Website:

-To All Fellow Rocketeers,

On Saturday, April 24 2004,(Rain Date-Sunday, April 25) come back to Northern Ohio where it all started! The Tri-City Sky Busters, NAR #535, AND the Northern Ohio Tripoli Rocketry Association (NOTRA TRA #003) are pleased to announce the fourth Great Lakes Regional Meet Revisited. These rocket meets were started in the 1970s here in Northern Ohio and eventually turned into the first LDRS launches which were held in Medina, OH. The GLRMR-IV will be held at our Amherst, OH field.

We have a large, flat farm to use with a FAA waiver to one mile. Flights thru "L" motors are possible. We are HyperTEK and RATT Works equipped. Porta-Johns will be on site and food as well.

Ross from Magnum MAY be there depending on motor availability! We will also have a raffle with lots of great prizes.

-For further check:
www.skybusters.org

This launch is a good time. I was at the first 2, but missed the third (go figure, a good friend HAD to get married that day :rolleyes: ).

I'll be at this years. If you get a chance, it is worth it.

Mike

*bump*

Just in case anyone was wondering when it was since it is coming up :D

Not too shabby of a day of flying. A good number of ppl showed up and one vendor. It was a little windy, but the sun was out.

I flew my LOC Viper III three times. Twice on 3 E9-6's and once on D12-5's. I could (and would of, but ran outta motors :( ) fly that bird all day long. I can't get enough of that one. 100% ignition every time too.

Flew my HV ARCAS once on a G35-7. The upper body sustained a good hole from one of the fins; which also chipped. I think the shock cord is too short. I might have to retire that one.

The biggest motor flown was a J. Lots of G flights.

Overall, a great day of flying. Especially with this being my first time out since last fall.

If you weren't there, you missed out on my extra-ordinary RSO duties too :D

Mike

dont retire the arcas!!!! just patch it up and put on a bigger cord!!!!!

Back