Giant Leap Blue Tube? No such thing.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, My Phenix kit will be on the way soon. Randy took the time to offer me the choice of refund or wait for new tube. When Vendors offer me a choice, I am always pleased to wait for the better product or item. And I really appreciate given then option of choice. Needless to say, I can't wait to get started.

With new & improved tube I am anxious to see if I can use some of it in a motor. Just put the Blue Tube on a mandrel and pour a full grain for a 1050-45mm and see what happens. It's all EX to me.:dark:

...Howard

That train wrech video was hilarious. I was expecting some real footage.

Balsa Machining is a Blue Tube dealer and Bill does laser slotting. It's effing perfect. He said it cuts nicer than any other material he's ever worked with.

Check out https://www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com/Products/laserslotting.jpg

As far as cutting, by hand, I just use a hobby saw, but the most perfect cuts come from a miter saw. It's not that it's a rock hard material (it isn't), it's just that it is nearly impossible to tear. Believe it or not, it's just a chemically pure cellulose paper (?!?), but when I throw pieces at my launch trailer, it dents the sheet metal, compresses, and ricochets off, some times I can catch it, but eitehr way, it's undamaged.

My 6 inch 10 foot tall 25 lb Blue Tube 1.0 rocket came in without a main chute at the last launch and it bounced off the ground and was undamaged.

I have a video on my site.

Weird. :)

Randy

May just get a couple of tubes to 'mess with' to get a feel for it first prior to building the L3 monster. ;)

Are you still coming to Bunnell Blast this weekend? I grabbed a box
of 'scraps' from Randy for the raffle. Randy considered them scraps,
but after taking inventory and matching pieces/parts, this is
what we have for the Bunnell Blast raffle-

2 - 5.5" couplers (~8" long each)
1 - 4" airframe section, 11" long
1 - 3" coupler/airframe (nice av-bay- add bulkheads)
2 - 2.6" airframe sections and coupler (36" rocket)
2 - 1.5" airframe sections and couplers (18" long)
7 - 29mm ID airframe with couplers (each airframe
section is ~12" and the couplers are ~6")
1 - 29mm coupler - 22" long
2 - 2.6" airframe w/coupler (only 7" total length)

And the 'true scraps'-
1 - 2.6" x 12" airframe (clearcoat test)
1 - 2.6" x 1" coupler
1 - 4" x 4" airframe section (spiral fill test)
1 - 4" x 1" coupler

Raffle Tickets are just a buck, with bulk discounts. ;)

Are you still coming to Bunnell Blast this weekend? <snip>

:eyepop: I had totally forgotten about it!..Is tempting, very tempting..Still up in the air as step-daughter has an away football game to go to(she's in the band) and won't get back until like 4am Saturday..Guess we could migrate down that way then..hmmmm...and that's a buncha 'scraps'!:eek:

Yes there were some nice goodies in there. I wanted to purge my stock and start clean with BT 2.0 (God R&D goes so slow) but looking back on that I kinda wished I'd gone through it better cuz there were some stuff I needed for kits. LOL!

Randy

dub-dub-dub.arrrrrrrr.com

Back