Getting started with Altus Metrum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AP aroma

Reaction score
I have been trying to get my new Altus Metrum Telemetrum set up. I am using my laptop to do this, though I plan to use my android phone in the field. I get as far as configuring the altimeter and when I click on it nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• 20201202_060312.jpg
    20201202_060312.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 22
New user here, too, started with an Easy Timer.

First thing I learned about AM, you have to have the device powered to connect to the app.

Even without a TeleMetrum connected to your computer a device selection dialog box should open when you click on "Configure Altimeter". What version of AltOS are you running? Does the "Configure AltOS" button work?

Last edited:
Even without a TeleMetrum connected to your computer a device selection dialog box should open when you click on "Configure Altimeter". What version of AltOS are you running? Does the "Configure AltOS" button work?

The altimeter is V 3.0 is this the version you are asking about? I dont see a configure alto's button. When I click on the AM icon on my laptop I get the pictured screens.

I do have the device plugged in, battery charged and altimeter powered up.

Than

20201204_052211.jpg20201204_052242.jpg

I have entered my call sign in the AltosUI window, but I don't know if I have done it on the altimeter. How do I check this?

Jim

Attachments

• 20201204_053211.jpg
    20201204_053211.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 13
I see that you have version 1.9.5 of the AltosUI software installed. I would recommend un-installing the software and downloading 1.9.6 from the website and install it for starters.

https://altusmetrum.org/AltOS/
...and sign up for the email list if you haven't already do so to you get notifications of software changes.

Great news! I deleted V 1.9.5 and installed V 1.9.6 and the confirm altimeter box worked. Thanks Rocketdestroyer!
I hope to use my Android phone as my ground station. I have downloaded the app to my phone, entered my call sign in that app and the altimeter through my laptop. When I power up the altimeter, switch on the Tele BT and connect it to my yagi antenna the phone shows that blue tooth is connected but I dont get a tracking signal. Can anyone help me through this next step?

Jim

Sorry to be so dense but I'm not finding what you are talking about. Is it 3.6 "turning on the power"
I'm still not getting a signal. Am I not getting a signal because it is waiting to detect a launch? The TeleBT is blinking a blue led that I believe means it is connected to my phone.

Really appreciate your help-

Basically the Telemetrum must be vertical when powered on to go into the "Pad" mode. If it is powered up in a horizontal position it will be in the "Idle Mode. The Telemetrum will send P in Morse code when powered up and in a vertical position to let you know it is in the pad mode. All of this is detailed in Section A.1 of the manual starting on page 61.

https://altusmetrum.org/AltOS/doc/altusmetrum.html#_firmware_modes

Back