German WW2 sorta Manned Rocket plane

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U812

Reaction score
I spent last week making this 18 inch BT-60 based model. It's based loosely on the Luft 46 designs. I've always liked them.

Nose cone and tail cone are made from scratch without a lathe. Molded in silicone and produced from hollow cast Alumilite. Wings and tail planes are balsa.

She will fly on a C6-5. Chute recovery. Hope to launch her in October. I'm thinking about offering them as a kit since I have the molds.

Here's a few pictures of the scratch build. Enjoy,

Steve

side-1.jpg

side_bottom-1.jpg

bottomBW.jpg

launchBW.jpg

ready_to_paint.jpg

canopy4.jpg

demolded_parts.jpg

look_over1.jpg

Last edited:
That's absolutely amazing. :clap:

If you do make this into a kit, I'll be the first in line.

Thanks guys and PEM I like your work very much. I just checked it out.

I can make kits. I just need to get enough interest and I'll make a run.

Thanks again guys.

Steve

I would be interested..Very kewl indeed..Nice build thread over onYORF on it;)

Last edited:
Steve, Awesome looking rocket, please kit it,I'd buy it!
Even though it is politically incorrect, the Germans created some awesome looking and performing war machines. And got us into space

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign me up for one.

One of my first rockets as a BAR was the little Estes Spaceship One in a Luftwaffe paint scheme. Big hit with almost everyone, especially when I told the tall story of how the Spaceship One was just a copy of a design dating from the last days of the Third Reich. Along with the V2 fanatics the pad was ripe with ragged camouflage, back & yellow roll patterns and boldly emblazoned swastikas. With the ever growing anxiety of the PC crowd I told the Pad Feuhrer to launch quick in an attempt to denazify the rack.

Thanks everyone for the kind and humorous replies. I don't do well with PC so I have no problem with such issues. History is history. I have a large 80 inch VIIC U-boat too. In fact most of the models I have built or scratch built have been German or Russian. Including the TA-183 and the ME 1101.

Anyway I need to look into bulk costs to see what I at home can do to make a batch of kits. I will also need to balance this little bird. The problem I have here in California is the over regulation that allows one maybe two shots at a test flight each month. Or I take my chances and don't get caught. But after all these fires and the ignorance of the public about model rockets they would probably lynch me. So I'll have to wait until October or later until I can fly one and make sure it's right on the CG and CP.

I'll keep this thread alive with updates.

Thanks again guys,

Steve

Thanks everyone for the kind and humorous replies. I don't do well with PC so I have no problem with such issues. History is history. I have a large 80 inch VIIC U-boat too. In fact most of the models I have built or scratch built have been German or Russian. Including the TA-183 and the ME 1101.

Anyway I need to look into bulk costs to see what I at home can do to make a batch of kits. I will also need to balance this little bird. The problem I have here in California is the over regulation that allows one maybe two shots at a test flight each month. Or I take my chances and don't get caught. But after all these fires and the ignorance of the public about model rockets they would probably lynch me. So I'll have to wait until October or later until I can fly one and make sure it's right on the CG and CP.

I'll keep this thread alive with updates.

Thanks again guys,

Steve

I'm sure if you were willing to ship the prototype, someone in a non-combustible region of the country would be more than happy to test her out!!!

;) :D

N

Had not thought of that. I could ship one a kit. They don't take long to build. ;)

Steve

https://www.sneillfx.com/page28

If you go here you'll see I have decided to give it a go. I have a lot of good response. I might just start another but will start a new thread for that.

If you have an interest in one send me an email and I'll start the official list. this will help me know how much bulk materials I'll need to get to make a first batch. I finished the instructions today. Also the decals and templates are done.

Thanks again fro your support guys.

Steve

Thanks a bunch CharlaineC the count keeps getting higher. Keep em coming!

Many thanks,

Steve

Thanks Mike!

And to anyone else wanting one either PM me here or email me at [email protected] But I can tell you all at this point there has been more than enough interest to warrant the first run. Thanks so much guys.

Steve

Last edited:
Well it's official now. I have a company Logo. Made it up tonight. LOL!

Steve

final-1.jpg

I'm about to make my supply order tomorrow and once that's confirmed I'll put up the PayPal button on my site. Thanks for all the emails and PMs!

Steve

Very, very nice....

Layne,

I just got a good look at your work and your web site. May I say back to you...Very, very...NICE!

I grew up on old space movies from Destination Moon, Conquest of Space, Bonestell and his art and all the rest. I must say you have excellent taste and as soon as I can I'll be getting my very own "When Worlds Collide" Ark!

Bravo Zulu!

Steve

As soon as I have my supplies and know I can fill my orders it will be up. And thank you JPAW!

Steve

OK supplies are on order and should be here Friday. Casting up cones now and making canopies. I should be able to start shipping after the weekend.

Instructions will be on CD.

https://www.sneillfx.com/page28

Thanks Guys,

Steve

P.S. The gears are turning for kit 2. More on that soon.

Mike thanks a bunch got your PayPal this morning. They will go out soon.

Steve

Back