German radio station transmits Klingon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrian

Reaction score
The German state radio station, Deutsche Welle, is celebrating its 10th birthday by having a Klingon web page. Written in Klingon, the page includes a brief history of Deutsche Welle, pages about Klingon rituals and history, as well as a Klingon tourist's guide to Germany. There are also English and German translations.

Originally posted by adrian
The German state radio station, Deutsche Welle, is celebrating its 10th birthday by having a Klingon web page. Written in Klingon, the page includes a brief history of Deutsche Welle, pages about Klingon rituals and history, as well as a Klingon tourist's guide to Germany. There are also English and German translations.

Will they be broadcasting in tlhIngan Hol over the net?
I'd listen in.

Proof of my chronic metasticized geekiness:
https://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3fs8i/hist/histkli.html

History of the Universe in 200 Words or Less, Revised Edition, in
tlhIngan Hol (Klingon Language) with links to direct retranslation in English and the Klingon Language Institute's pronunciation guide.

AIR's Universal History Translation Project
https://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3fs8i/hist/histcom.html

Man, i'm loosing my touch! I used to be able to read that stuff! Can still speak some of it...

When I worked for Digital Equipment Corp, one of the projects I was managing was the AlphaVoice project (a variation of the popular DECtalk). One day my Product Manager comes up to me and asks, "would it be possible to make this thing speak Klingon?"

(the function of the product was that it would work as an answering machine that would interact with you. the *goal* was that you wouldn't know you were even talking to a machine until you had already provided message information for the receiver)

He showed me the quote request. It was from the folks who run those large star trek conventions. They wanted a number where you could call and do your entire transaction in klingonese :)

Well, I got my english/klingon dictionary paid by the company so that I could research it. We determined that we could do it, and for the standard price of any language. Unfortunately, the price was too high and they never bought it. The great part was that I responded to the RFQ with a quote written entirely in klingonese and they responded in kind :)

jim

Back