• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

George's Rocket Auctions (end date March 28th)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgegassaway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I need to pay some bills and hopefully raise enough money to get a 1/110 shuttle kit underway.

I have posted 12 items, mostly rocket kits, on eBay.

The auctions will end Sunday night, March 28th, after 10 PM CENTRAL time.

The kits are:

Centuri 1/100 Saturn-V
NCR 1/72 Space Shuttle
Estes 1/100 Saturn-V
Estes Maxi V-2
Estes Andromeda
Estes Titan-IIIE kit (1/73 scale)
Estes Astrocam 110 kit (from 1980)
Aerotech 29/40-120 Reload Casing
Estes Mini-Bomarc
Estes Shadow
MPC Pilgrim Observer Plastic Model Kit
Estes Altitrak Kit (From 1980)

Use the following link to find out more info, pics, and additional links:
https://tinyurl.com/yzamjlg

GeorgeAuctions-2.jpg

- George Gassaway

IMG_8549.jpg

Last edited:
What about taking pre-orders on the 1/110 shuttle kit, George?
I’d prefer not to, in case the kit didn’t happen for whatever reasons I do not want to end up owing $ to anyone if I can possibly avoid it (well, owing money to any individuals in the hobby, I definitely owe $ to a couple of creditors).

I do know from previous talk about doing the kit that the first limited run (probably 10) will sell out. Once I make that first run, then I can plow the $ from those sales into doing the next run and having paid off most if not all of the $ to develop the kit (molds and such).

- George Gassaway

Greetings George,

I viewed you listings and there are some interesting items.

But, you are obviously not in a hurry....... NINE DAYS???

Well, they say "patience is......... whatever.

Bill L.

Welcome to the fold, RedRocket. George is selling some really good stuff and has the option of deciding how long to set the offer.
I, myself, do not do eBay, but will follow some of the auctions to see what his kits sell for. Having been in the hobby since 1967, I have a few rare things, but some are not as neat as what George has. I do have two Centuri Saturn V's, but they are my precious...

I am really interested in the North Coast Rocketry Space Shuttle Kit. It was designed by Matt Steele and Dan Kafun. I kitted and packaged the 100 kits. I do not have one. Might have to register with eBay. Or I can keep my soul...

Chas

Greetings Chas,

I agree..... I use ebay as a barometer on kit prices and mostly OOP items with a purchase once in a while. I get crazy when I watch folks pay soooo much more for an item that they could buy for lees brand new off the manufacturer's web site.

I totally agree that anybody that choses to sell their goods has the right to do it how ever, where ever and for as long as the wish.

Long auctions though usually just end up running up the fair market vaule of a great kit as people get captured by the moment. Good for the seller of course and after all that's what ebay as all about.

I will continue to watch though.

Hi George - Would you consider taking a postal money order as payment for these ?

E Bay dose not dis-allow money order payments ... they just do not allow you to say money orders are OK in the postings.

I'd consider pidding on a few of these items if you would take a money order.

Kevin

Yes, I’d take postal money orders. I wanted to list postal money orders but as you say, eBay won’t let Money orders be listed as a payment option.

Of course, I’d have to go cash the money order(s) before I’d ship anything.

RedRocket - I made the auctions a 10 day listing so that there would be plenty of time for people to find out, consider bidding, and plenty of time for the bidding to go back and forth. I’m not trying to do it in the sense of “greed”, but in the sense that I need to get what I can out of them to help to pay the bills. It’s not like I’m doing this to buy say a 60” LCD TV, or any TV, or any “luxury item”.

Chas - I’m not letting anything go that I’ll later regret in the sense of selling them (I still have another unopened Centuri Sat-V in my collection..and it has a Centuri IB next to it). I’d only regret any that didn’t at least bring a “fair” price. It is pretty ironic that as of this moment the rare Centuri Saturn-V of the 1970’s is going for less $ than the 1999 30th anniversary Estes Saturn-V. Of course, there is still a week to go.

BTW - didn’t reply till now since we had a Launch Saturday and I didn’t get online till today.

- George Gassaway

Greetings George,

Please, I absolutely meant no disrespect!

As I stated you can list your stuff how ever, where ever and for as long as you see fit for any reason you discern.

I'm just the kind of guy who when he see something of interest he likes to get after it and perhaps my choice of words earlier didn't come out right. That's the downside of forums.

I plan to bid on some of your items and wish you the best of results.

Red Rocket

Greetings George,

Please, I absolutely meant no disrespect!

As I stated you can list your stuff how ever, where ever and for as long as you see fit for any reason you discern.
No problem at all.

I didn’t really take what you wrote to be that way anyway. I do get what you mean about people paying far more on eBay for something still in production (or at least still on shelves) that they could get cheaper.

I wish that whoever a year or so ago had paid over $700 for an Estes 30th Anniversary (year 1999) Saturn-V would run across my Centuri Saturn-V and start bidding.... :)

A few weeks ago, on a different forum, a controversial person had accused those who sold old kits as doing it for greed. Sure isn’t why I’m auctioning these items. That was really more of what I was addressing in my message.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
Would you accept a personal check? or cash?
Cash, no. Too risky to do that in the mail. Personal check, I’d have to wait 2-3 weeks to confirm it cleared before I could ship anything.

If the issue about a Money Order is getting it at the Post Office, I’d prefer Postal, but I’d take any Money Order that can be easily cashed at a bank. Not some “Brand X” Money Order that required me to go to some special place to get it cashed.

- George Gassaway

Back