George Gassaway's website?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsjames

Reaction score
Is George's website still up and running? When I try to get to it, I end up on a page that seems to indicate that the domain is no longer registered. I hope that he is OK and that "George's Rockets" is up and running again soon.

George's former website has either been moved to a new domain or discontinued. I checked today and if you go to georgesrockets.com you get what looks to be an automatically generated advertising website whose content is produced by a web search (search terms obscured) that is run dynamically when you click the big buttons. 'whois' shows a registry expiration of 5 Feb 2023 which implies that the previous registry probably ended this past February.

I would not click on anything there now...at best you'll get affiliate-link spam, at worst malware. I'm glad that all that valuable content can be pulled out of the wayback machine!

GRPbanner.gif
'

OK, my website is FINALLY back online!

http://georgesrockets.com/
Want to thank Tony Reynolds, so much, for going above and beyond to help get it back up. He spent some time on the phone with GoDaddy to resolve the issues of a new DNS.

I no longer have a good HTML editor to make changes on the site, but I'm going to make a new effort to come up with something workable, that is WYSIWYG during editing.

I used to use Claris Home Page, 1990's software running on classic mac software. It won't run on my old G5 Mac currently, after losing a drive with system 10.4 and no option to reinstall a version of 10.4 to run Mac Classic (I use 10.5 but it won't run Classic). I may well try to get a new 10.4 install CD set that would have that option.

Of course I do not use that old G5 for day to day stuff, I use a MacBook laptop with modern software. But for editing my website files, the G5 with a big screen was far better, so that's one reason why I'm not looking into new html editors to use on my laptop.

Even when I do regain capability to edit, I'm not going to be adding much new stuff. Mostly doing some updates and fixing a few broken links. The site was never much for "news", it's mostly been a repository of useful information like plans, scale data, and how some models were built.

The one "new page" I anticipate doing sometime, will be a page of various projects that I've documented on TRF, like the Lunar Module Quadcopter, Mars Lander Quadcopter, 1/110 space shuttle (the size Estes ought to make), and sport models like the toy gyrocopter and Halloween spider web candy bowl. That's the kind of stuff that ought to be listed on my website. Yet I'm not going to attempt to re-create the information there too, just a photo or two and a link per project.

Last edited:
GRPbanner.gif
'

OK, my website is FINALLY back online!

http://georgesrockets.com/
Want to thank Tony Reynolds, so much, for going above and beyond to help get it back up. He spent some time on the phone with GoDaddy to resolve the issues of a new DNS.

I no longer have a good HTML editor to make changes on the site, but I'm going to make a new effort to come up with something workable, that is WYSIWYG during editing.

I used to use Claris Home Page, 1990's software running on classic mac software. It won't run on my old G5 Mac currently, after losing a drive with system 10.4 and no option to reinstall a version of 10.4 to run Mac Classic (I use 10.5 but it won't run Classic). I may well try to get a new 10.4 install CD set that would have that option.

Of course I do not use that old G5 for day to day stuff, I use a MacBook laptop with modern software. But for editing my website files, the G5 with a big screen was far better, so that's one reason why I'm not looking into new html editors to use on my laptop.

Even when I do regain capability to edit, I'm not going to be adding much new stuff. Mostly doing some updates and fixing a few broken links. The site was never much for "news", it's mostly been a repository of useful information like plans, scale data, and how some models were built.

The one "new page" I anticipate doing sometime, will be a page of various projects that I've documented on TRF, like the Lunar Module Quadcopter, Mars Lander Quadcopter, 1/110 space shuttle (the size Estes ought to make), and sport models like the toy gyrocopter and Halloween spider web candy bowl. That's the kind of stuff that ought to be listed on my website. Yet I'm not going to attempt to re-create the information there too, just a photo or two and a link per project.
Thats Great News Houston.
Thanks a lot.

Back