George Gassaway’s cancer thoughts & prayers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George, hope you can find gentle hospice and pain relief. Your modeling is superb and will always be an inspiration.

George, I'm REALLY saddened to hear this news. You're not only an inspiration to us all, but you've been quite generous to me and others in the field over the many decades. I'm sure I speak for many in saying we're here to help and to lend an ear during this last difficult chapter for you.

As crushing as this news is to hear, somehow I suspect George will turn this into a teaching and learning experience for others. That's what he does best!

Please donate to the GoFundMe!

George, you are an inspiration to me. I am praying for you and hope for the best. It makes me happy to see that so many people contributed to your Go-Fund-Me. :)

I know there is very active research for all forms of cancer and I hope that some of the improvements that have happened in the past 13 years will be of help. I hope whatever pathway you choose is the best path.

Praying for you.

Sandy.

George, we’ve never met but you have been an inspiration to me. I have a couple rockets in my collection that owe a lot to you, most notably a “ Wasatch Rocketry SST Glider”. I bought it from another vendor but I know it’s your baby.

I donated a few bucks, I hope it helps in some way, and I want to pay much respect to you. Thank you for bringing a lot of creativity to this nerd space.

George, you are a hero to the rocketry community and a personal inspiration. *Estes, Stine, Piester and Gassaway, your legacy is set.
Thank you...

*(Not all inclusive)

Curse that blasted cancer straight to Hell! Look at this, a man so towering in this sport/hobby/avocation that I have only been able to look at what he's done with slack-jawed awe! I pray you defy all odds, all Bell curves, all standard distributions, all terminal pronouncements, all conventional wisdom. I like your fighting spirit; like Churchill famously said, "Never, never, NEVER give up!"

I am so very sorry for you; this isn't fair. May the peace of God rest upon you and encourage and strengthen you for the battle.

George,

You and I have been adversaries, for decades, but now is the time to put all of that aside. When a person sees their own mortality, they are changed forever. Regardless of your sentiments towards me, I forgive you, George, and I ask your forgiveness also, for all the things we have said about each other, and to each other, over the decades.

Frankly, I don't even remember what, specifically, started this "feud" between us. I wish it had never happened, but hindsight is always "20/20". By all rights, we could have been friends, and should have been friends. But now, after all this time, and with time running out, all that could have been is moot.

For years, I have suggested that you write an "in-depth" rocketry book, as a "legacy" . . . I'm sure that someone, here on the forum, is qualified to help you do exactly that . . . Please consider it !

I am praying for you, George, in all respects . . . God Speed, sir !

Dave F.

A photo I took of you , at NARAM-50, cropped to 8 X 10. ( I'll send you the originals, if you like )

_DSC6751 - 8 X 10.jpg

Last edited:
George,

Something just occurred to me, recently . . .

Have you made plans for your rocketry articles, rocketry-related documents, videos, and Scale Data to be preserved online ?

It would be a tragedy, if it were "lost to the ages".

Dave F.

Good sir I am deeply saddened to hear your news.

Please fill your days with love and company. And thank you so much for your immeasurable contributions to our shared, and beloved, hobby.

George, you won't know me and I'm sure Ed LaCroix has forgotten me in the dust of time. Please know I have always respected you as a competitor and rep for the USA in the internats. You have been an inspiration and have created some truly one-off models surely worthy of museum preservation. You should seriously consider having assistance with writing some kind of legacy book, if I was closer, I'd offer. Maybe Ed could help. I just wanted to express my appreciation for all you've done for the sport and model rocketry in general. A sincere virtual handshake and bro hug. My wife is a medical researcher and if you'd like, pm me and she has tons of notes stemming from my condition. Mostly natural but not new-agey stuff. You may want to look into CBD derivatives for pain amelioration. Salute to you, sir. Peace in your head, heart and hearth. Straight smoke and good chutes in your coming adventures. Most respect and mojo your way -dave-

George: My thoughts and prayers are with you and you family and loved owns.

So very sorry to hear that you're going through this, George. We will be praying.

Josh T.

George, you won't know me and I'm sure Ed LaCroix has forgotten me in the dust of time. Please know I have always respected you as a competitor and rep for the USA in the internats. You have been an inspiration and have created some truly one-off models surely worthy of museum preservation. You should seriously consider having assistance with writing some kind of legacy book, if I was closer, I'd offer. Maybe Ed could help. I just wanted to express my appreciation for all you've done for the sport and model rocketry in general. A sincere virtual handshake and bro hug. My wife is a medical researcher and if you'd like, pm me and she has tons of notes stemming from my condition. Mostly natural but not new-agey stuff. You may want to look into CBD derivatives for pain amelioration. Salute to you, sir. Peace in your head, heart and hearth. Straight smoke and good chutes in your coming adventures. Most respect and mojo your way -dave-
Given you your handle, I don't know who this is other than you are "Dave". I don't look at TRF but once in a very great while. So it is that I just stumbled on your post today. If you wish, please ping me at- elac2 AT cox DOT net.

Back