General Lee and the Deuce of Hazzard :D

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, i've been burning the candles from both ends and really working up the stress levels and needed a moment to just relax and do something fun...

In some other thread (i looked and could *not* find it...) someone had mentioned the Dukes of Hazzard and decorating a deuce to look like the General Lee and call it the Deuce of Hazzard

well, I just COULDN'T resist and started working on the artwork that night.

It isn't done yet as I want to add some chrome work and other details (gas cap, antenna and such), but she do look sharp

Also, you will note that the nose cone isn't right... this is my 13mm Deuce's Wild and when I built it I didn't have scale nose cones available. I do now and the next time I'm in the shop I will grab on and paint it up for this model so that it looks picture perfect.

But in the mean time, I present to you the "General Lee", Deuce style

Profile view:

Here is a close up of the Stars and bars on the "roof"

the stripes look distorted because of the angle of the fins vrs the angle of the camera.

Last one for now :) I'll post a couple of others as I finish up the detail work, but here is a shot showing the tailgate... wouldn't be complete without CHT 250... :D

I gotta git around to chroming them tail pipes! :D

jim

It looks great Jim but us suthners might take offense to the Stars and Bars being called the Union Jack, not to mention the Brits :D

Originally posted by jflis
Top view showing the Union Jack on the "roof" with "GENERAL LEE" on each tip
That's no Union Jack. That's the Stars and Bars. If it was the Union Jack the rocket would have to be painted British Racing Green and the general would have to be Monty. :D

Originally posted by gpoehlein
Jim, you are one sick puppy!

Jim, is there any way to put big slicks with mag wheels on the sides?
Maybe mod the nose shape and put a chrome grille across it?
(drag doesn't count on this one)

If I can find the pics to scan of my 1/16 scale General Lee PMC I'll post 'em. AAAHHHH.....mis-spent childhood

Yeah, if you want to put a Union Jack on the roof, you'll need to have an Austin Powers-themed Deuce!!! :D

Top link, REK. Had me and a workmate laughing!! :D :D

Like the Deuce, Jim. Now we need one done up as a cop-car to drag race it (just hope the cop-deuce fares better than the cops did in the TV show! ;) ).

Is there nothing that can be done with this rocket???? Limited only by your imagination.

Maybe if we show your Deuce of Hazzard to the Prez, and tell him we're jes' good ol' boys, don't mean no harm, he'll do a 180 on this here propellant legislation comin' before Congress.

Originally posted by REK
Yee Haa:D
That is very cool. The tail gate is awesome. I know this is way off topic but it is appropos. Hey what can I say, I'm a banjo player!
https://www.topeuro.co.uk/blagger/the_duel.html

That is *choice*, REK!

(I'm a Missouri Ozarks banjo playin' hillbilly myself...... :p )

I play a Washburn B16 with a clear Remo head and a sunburst finished rosewood resonator - looks great! Thinking about changing to a white head to give it a crisper sound, although I love the clear head look.

Someday, I'll graduate up to the Earl Scruggs Mastertone Gibson... *drool*

Originally posted by Zippy
It looks great Jim but us suthners might take offense to the Stars and Bars being called the Union Jack, not to mention the Brits :D

whoops! my bad :) I'd go back and edit that out but then that would just leave confusion, so i'll just live with my shame... :eek:

Originally posted by powderburner
Jim, is there any way to put big slicks with mag wheels on the sides?
Maybe mod the nose shape and put a chrome grille across it?
(drag doesn't count on this one)

Actually, I was thinking along those lines... I'm thinking some half tire decal on the tips of the fins with the "01" on them, then a tire under the nose. I'm going to chrome the trailing edge and tips of the fins, and the engine tubes too...

Originally posted by nomopbo
Is there nothing that can be done with this rocket???? Limited only by your imagination.

That's that *I've* been thinking... and I thought the ACME would be the major "open canvas"... not *true*! The Deuce's Wild! is still the champ in that department...

I like the idea of a cop car... will have to look into that one now... :)

Great idea but I think anyone that makes this modification to the finishing of this rocket must launch it wearing a pair of "Daisy Dukes".:D

I suppose I can forgive you . Especially since I'm actually from NY originally anyway. Does that make me a carpet bagger ?

Originally posted by bsexton
Great idea but I think anyone that makes this modification to the finishing of this rocket must launch it wearing a pair of "Daisy Dukes".:D

Beg to differ, but I have seen a few of the self-portraits posted by some of these TRF guys. The very idea of seeing any of them squeezed (almost) into a pair of ultra-short cut-off jeans . . . .

Wow Jim...That is pretty darn cool!

Good thing I have a nekkid DW sitting here!! I'll do the police car DW! I'm looking at several pics of cop cars here. There's this one:

police-car-sf.jpg

That could be pretty easily done with a black-white-black paint scheme, going from the nose to tail. The lights would be interesting though...probably monokote. Then there's this style:

police-car.gif

Which would be easy to do by just painting the entire thing white then doing some green stripes down the side. Then there is another one which is attached. Opinions on these styles?

Jason

You definitely need the old-fashioned domes, left & right, instead of the new-fangled 'light bars' in order to do justice (get it?) to the cop-car version. It would be worth it to find an old kid's toy with the right style of cop lights, and re-cycle those parts for your model.

I think I'll go home tonight and dig through my boys' old toybox . . .

Originally posted by powderburner
...... in order to do justice (get it?) to the cop-car version.
Don't forget to have Flash, Roscoe's ever faithful dog, on the passenger seat! :D

Back