Gemini DC with black paint scheme

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtSharpe

Reaction score
Bought a gemini dc but didn't want the all blue look. So I made it all black with yellow nose cones and some of the decals, only a little different. The black is apple barrel colors 'black' and the yellow is the same brand but 'banana'
Just brushed on.

I may paint the nose cone black and put a yellow pointed stripe up the side of the cone,, connecting at the bottom with the 'Gemini DC' logo.

dc.jpg

I may add red serial number as well on the side nacelles. I have lots of misc left over model plane decals :)) sort of a bar modeler too!

Hey Lt Sharpe,

that is really "sharpe" looking! I was never really attracted to this rocket before now. Yours looks MUCH better than the marketing photos from the manufacturer. :cool:
I liked the idea of rear ejection but couldn't get past the circus colors. I am inspired to get one of these now.

Great looking Gemini! My closet has a kit that is untouched for the same reason - just couldn't get past the ugly colors. Guess its time to drag it out and reconsider. Thanks for the pics.

Da Dog

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have kind of come to the conclusion that I don't often like estes choice of colors on things. My bullpup received a makeover in a thread farther down. My wizard followed their scheme but with a white nose cone. Here is a pic of the gemini with a black nose cone and another yellow streak going up the middle of the cone. I may add little yellow angles around the base of the streak so it matches up better. I tried simply lining it up across the top of the logo edge but it looks 'off center'. If you build one of these with different nose cone colors on the nacelles I would recommend gluing it all together without the nose cones. Much easier to paint. In my case I glue the nacelles with nose cones together and painted them that, way. But the better way would be to glue the nacelles on first, then paint the nose cones and then put them on.

dc2.jpg

Back