Gemini Capsule Plastic Model Scale Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ Markschnell, I'd just about kill to get a hardcopy of that book...just about. I had a chance to get the book some years ago, but decided not too....wish I had, now. The length sounds reasonable though. Thanks!
@modeltrains: I seem to remember that the record was 45r.p.m. and it was about John Glenn's Flight. BTW, I hadn't thought about the spring loaded ejection seats...LOL. I LIKE that idea....more play value for the Grand kits. I'm also working on the Gemini era MMU to scale as well. It helps that there is one at the USAF Museum about 10 minutes from here. I can hold a yardstick next to it and get accurate photos. of it. Not too many folks are that interested in it, it would seem as there is no plexi around it. Cheers!

Here's the 1:100 Shapeways GT capsule painted (needs touch up still) sitting atop of a Balsa Machining Service's C52H-34. That's a piece of coupler stock that will go into a 29mm tube, or BT-52. It's a pretty great fit. Here is the Revell/Monogram GT in 1:48 sitting atop the 2.5 tube from Estes. It's not as perfect as the other one, but close enough for me. I'll make it work.

IMG_4268.jpeg

IMG_4269.jpeg

IMG_4272.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4269.jpeg
    IMG_4269.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 4
I need some info on the length of the Titan booster for the Gemini Titan. I can find the length of the booster but I don't know if the length includes the engines at the bottom. What would be the length of what we'd use for the body tube without the capsule and adapter module? I can do the scaling from there.

You probably know this one by heart @Ez2cDave.
MArk,

You have a PM . . .

Dave F.

Back