GDRM(Gliding Der Red Max)...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

burkefj

Reaction score
Replaced the other side servo and receiver just to be sure, and reflew in a 20 minute clear window in between rain showers....and using the inspiration of the DRM markings and my knowledge of Hogans Heros, I practiced my fake german, at least some words are real.....:)

Last edited:

boomtube-mk2

Reaction score
That's the second coolest radio-controlled model rocket glider I've ever seen!

Brian V

Reaction score
Got mine coming so when I’m not so busy at work I can get caught up on my building. Counting all of Frank’s kits I have is 22 out of that count 7 are not built yet or waiting paint and electronics

burkefj

Reaction score
After I built my Goblin themed R/C rocket glider, I decided to re-visit this one and do a similar design but tweaked for the slightly different fin shapes and color scheme, this one I used krylon short cuts and it dried very quickly with a little heat in the garage and seems good. Waiting on stickershock markings, but all up rtf it came in at just under 10 oz with about 2 grams nose weight only, I was able to optimize wing placement using what I learned on the goblin and the higher sweep of the wing/fin shape lead to a more reaward CP than the Goblin.

IMG_20220115_092213761.jpg
IMG_20220115_092414619_2.jpg

GlueckAuf

Reaction score
With that color scheme, how could it not be technically perfect, too? Great job, and as impressive a rocket glider as can be.

TigerHawk

Reliving the good ole days
Reaction score
After I built my Goblin themed R/C rocket glider, I decided to re-visit this one and do a similar design but tweaked for the slightly different fin shapes and color scheme, this one I used krylon short cuts and it dried very quickly with a little heat in the garage and seems good. Waiting on stickershock markings, but all up rtf it came in at just under 10 oz with about 2 grams nose weight only, I was able to optimize wing placement using what I learned on the goblin and the higher sweep of the wing/fin shape lead to a more reaward CP than the Goblin.

View attachment 499812 View attachment 499813
What diameter is the BT’s?

burkefj

Reaction score
I let it stall vertical so it does sort of a flippy floppy thing before I recover level, you can watch the video and see if it went inverted, normally it's sort of a flop past vertical to slightly inverted with a snap to right side up sort of thing.

When it arched over and headed down did it go inverted?