GARDEI.COM goes digital!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Today I recieved news from Best Buy that they could not get a replacement part for my laptop computer... so they gave me a store credit. I did not really want a new laptop, so I opted to get something that I been planning to buy this week... a Digital Camcorder!

I opted for the Canon ZR-80 :D

Today I made a test DVD... it works great... it does not take long to get video off of this camera, and make a DVD!

What does this mean for Gardei.com? Better quality rocket videos (if certain people agree to help me tape at launches ;))... also, I plan to produce DVD videos... to help fund certain rocket activities ;)... first production I am planning will be TRF Meet 2004!!!

[Announcer Voice]
Will Doug's Airstart Attempt Work
Will Carls Super Tres fly?
Will Phil survive camping with the cows?
What will Jim have in store for us?
Find out this, and more... Spring 2004!

:D

Sweet! I hvae just realized in the past week that rocket videos I can actually dl :rolleyes:

by certian people you mean certian people other than me.

I will help you tape doug,....but chances are your camcorder will get jammed in a rocket

The problem with running Gardei.com is I need still shots, and videos... I don't have enough hands.. :D. I just need somebody to take stills for me while I video... but there are the rare cases where I want to be the subject... so in that situation somebody has to video tape for me... I usually don't have problems with volunteers... :D

Great news about the new camcorder, Doug. I'll volunteer to help you video tape the launch, BUT you'll have to pay me. One D13W for my Praetor will suffice! :D :D

I'm serious! :mad:

:p

Jason

I wouldnt do it Jason, once you do it once he is gonna bug you to do it agian and again and again :rolleyes:

Originally posted by n3tjm
Are your fins glassed?

Yes sir they are!

Rocket_Club_015.jpg

Jason

Originally posted by n3tjm
I plan to produce DVD videos... ... first production I am planning will be TRF Meet 2004!!!

Sounds great Doug, my son and I love watching rocketry DVD's. You can count me in for one. Just make sure there's plenty of footage. Make sure you get Carl's Tres and Jim's new prototypes, if he gives you proper security clearance. :D
Get it all, just film everything. ;) :D

Be sure to let me know when it's available.

Tim

Doug, even though I'd be willing to buy raw footage of the TRF launch anyways, do you plan on doing any post production? ie - cut scenes, intro music, credits, etc. a la "Rocket Challenge"? I think you would do well for yourself selling DVDs of events so long as they are produced well. Like I mentioned before, for TRF 2004 I will be more than happy to buy a DVD if even for the convenience of not having to lug my old camcorder. I think we will all appreciate your efforts either way. It's just nice to get goosebumps when watching someone's rocket take off with some hardcore music in the background.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I would be happy to do some video footage. I know what it's like to be behind the camera only to not have someone capture your own flights. I will have my small compact Nikon 2100 (2 Megapixel) around the launch areas and prep areas.

Doug,

Check out my launch page on my site.. and view some of the liftoff photos.. understanding these have all been shrunk some to load a little faster..

I've got a great dig cam for launch pics and would be glad to share any of the pics i get at the TRF meet...

Did the same thing as you also and purchased a good dig cam corder for videos on the site also....

Both the camera and dig vid camera are new this year and purchased specifically for rocketry events.. man i've got it bad...

Originally posted by eugenefl
Doug, even though I'd be willing to buy raw footage of the TRF launch anyways, do you plan on doing any post production? ie - cut scenes, intro music, credits, etc. a la "Rocket Challenge"?

That is exactly what I want to do... although I perfer not having the music playing during the whole thing... only during certain sections... like little rocket/music videos. Jim mentioned that I can use royalty free music somewhere, and I talked to a friend about getting samples of his groups music to use... so many things are in the works :). I am thinking about adding subtitles... but that may be beyond the limitations of the software I have... we'll see :).

Originally posted by firemanup
I've got a great dig cam for launch pics and would be glad to share any of the pics i get at the TRF meet...

Thanks man. That will really help me out :). The tough part is video taping everything, yet still do my own thing... I wish I had the money to buy a couple more cameras, and hire a crew to video tape certain things... with just one camera, following one project means you miss something else :(. Awesome pictures by the way.

Eugene, between you and Jason, I am sure that the video taping of my projects will go smothly :D

Back