game talk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and sony is planning for a PS 3 sometime in 2006-07..............

I've seen the PS3 in a 3am Magazine , it looks swheet!

I was watching G4 TV, and I heard some guy talking about games coming out this holiday season, he mentioned Grand Theft Auto, is there another one coming out? Is it San Andreas?

Yep GTA San Andras , I think many gaming companies are running out of ideas.....

your right karl, they are running out of ideas
lets bring back the old platform games!!!

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
DONT START WITH ME :D

ok, halo took about as much skill as it does to squeeze apoxe out of a bottle. the flying was just with your mouse, not like 1942 where you really need to know how to shoot with lead and know what to do.

the actual shooting parts are only fun when theres ALOT of guys...

I still stand my ground...Tribes and Tribes 2 had the best of all these features, with both enclosed and large maps and ease of use. Vengance will rock!

On the lighter side, I got some DoD in late last nite; Karl, we need to tag up just for fun...maybe tonite inbetween packing for NARAM and working on rockets and finishing my jets and...

it never ends :p

Carl

I've never played either Tribes, is it an RPG?
one game thats old but will never die is Railroad Tycoon II, one of the best PC games ever:)

Originally posted by gerbs4me
I've never played either Tribes, is it an RPG?
one game thats old but will never die is Railroad Tycoon II, one of the best PC games ever:)

Definitely an addicting game. I spent countless hours laying track and routing trains:) For people like me who have nowhere to set up a good model train layout, it's the next best thing, and in some ways better.

In a similar genre, Transport Tycoon Deluxe was a very cool and addictive game. I still play it :)

Also, Theme Hospital is a hillarious game!

Tribes/T2 is a FPS game, online teamplayer only. So when you get on, you are playing with 4-32 REAL people on your team. You can play Capture the Flag, Capture and Hold, Defend and Destroy, Rabbit, Anniallation, deathmatch, and a few others. Teamplay is a must and if you coordinate with defense, assault and flag runners, it rocks! Moreover, we have had fun making new games, like Tribes Golf and Tribes "Car Wars". It uses Tribes with the same maps and is a real friggin hoot! No mods necessary.

Car Wars- 4 heavy aromred guys and a light driver get into a heavy APC flying vehicle. Two vehicles meet in the air and the first one to blow up looses...start again. You can have heavies repairing your ship while you fly so it can get real interesting. Plus it takes many hits before a big APC can be destroyed. Games usually last 5-10 mins before a ship goes down , then you all head back to your base and get another. With different maps, it can be a blast.

Golf is a whole different story...OMG it's good! Guess what the golf ball is?

Carl

Theme games are realy cool to play! Theme Park , Theme Hospital , Theme Skate-park ect.....

I nearly didn't get my degree, due to the addictiveness of the first version. :D

lunar lander:) :)

Unless you have a cabinet in you'r front room i presume you are playing L.L. on the P.C. HOW?? and can you play any other classics:)

Im going to have to get me one of those atari game collections but i should get one for free considering i spent most of my dinner money on arcade games..don't forget.....you cannot defeat the gorfian robots,space cadet and 50 browny points for anyone who can finish this line from an arcade game?

"PILOTS NEEDED IN SECTOR WARS PLAY.............."

"......ASTRO BLASTER" :D

(btw - if you are interested in playing old arcade-games on your PC, take a butcher's at MAME)

Lunar Lander is great
I remember playing some racing game for Atari, something like drag racing, don't remember the name though

These days I'm playing the most recent Grand Theft Auto games, #3 and Vice City. Just bought VC tonight, used, for $16 after tax...not a bad deal! What an awesome time waster!

Using a emulator, I play Donkey Kong Country on the PC, and have been known to play such games as the Command and Conquer series (RA2 was AMAZING, Generals SUCKED!), Age of Empires (Mostly #2), Roller Coaster Tycoon (1 was awesome, #2 faked being awesome, can't wait for #3 in 3D!!!), The Sims (ahh, how shall I torture you today, Bob Newbie? LOL), and other misc. games.

Now that I'm working, I just seem not to have time and/or energy to play, but I buy plenty of games! Speakin' of energy, it be time for bed now at 12:30AM!

G'nite...FWIW

Jason

Whats an Emulator?
Age of Empires is one game I played alot, I was almost always the Vikings, gotta love those longboats, and Berserks:)

Whats an Emulator?
Age of Empires is one game I played alot, I was almost always the Vikings, gotta love those longboats, and Berserks:)
An emulator is a program that you run on your pc that will play the "ROMS" of console games as if they were being played on the console. It "emulates" the console hardware. You can play games from a variety of consoles all on one machine, your PC.

I heard BF Vietnam has bugs, and alot of them, I haven't played it I'm only posting what I heard.
One simulator that every rocketeer should have is Orbitor Flight Simulator, AWESOME!! Its not easy though, even trying to get into orbit is tough

have any of you guys that have tried Orbitor, have you gotten to the Moon?

When I play om my PC I really like Homeworld. Cataclysm and H2 are fun as well, but the original is awesome. For SNES the best game ever is Super Metroid. I have a couple video clips of Half-Life 2-- can't wait for that to come out. I even bought a new video card for it, an ATI 9600.

Back