Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Galleries 'moderator' is mpitfield

I have the word "moderator" in quotes as Mike will not be a regular moderator for policing the area as the rest do. He has that title to enable him to move around posts and information and make Galleries work again.

I'll be working with him to create the sub-forums in it when they are needed.

Mike and I and the rest of the crew hope this helps get Galleries going again.

Thanks Mike for doing this for the guys and gals here.

Angie

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Galleries 'moderator' is mpitfield

I have the word "moderator" in quotes as Mike will not be a regular moderator for policing the area as the rest do. He has that title to enable him to move around posts and information and make Galleries work again.

I'll be working with him to create the sub-forums in it when they are needed.

Mike and I and the rest of the crew hope this helps get Galleries going again.

Thanks Mike for doing this for the guys and gals here.

Angie
That is awesome. Thanks to Mike for taking this on. The galleries are invaluable when dreaming up paint schemes.

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
+1, it definitely helps out a lot.

mpitfield

Staff member
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Angie, thanks for the intro and setting the stage appropriately.

As Angie mentioned, my "moderator" duty is strictly for the purposes of helping to pick up where others have left off in organizing the galleries.

On that note, I need to understand what was working well, or not so well and either make adjustments or simply pick up where it was left off, so I will be relying on user input. I will post over in the galleries thread asking for input, then edit this post with a link.

Onebadhawk

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Heyy,, this is great Michael..
Thank you very much for all the effort this is going to take...
Much appreciated for sure...

Teddy

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
I liked Jal3's approach very much, it worked. He did miss a few though, from various manufacturers, but I assumed he was grabbing what was already in the topic..

My only addition would be a 'CP' location, so the galleries could be a one-stop reference..

aerostadt

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thank, Mike. for adding the Boyce Aerospace category on the Galleries. I have posted my pic's of the Nike Zeus B there.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I liked Jal3's approach very much, it worked. He did miss a few though, from various manufacturers, but I assumed he was grabbing what was already in the topic..

My only addition would be a 'CP' location, so the galleries could be a one-stop reference..
What is a CP location? Just trying to learn what you mean.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
The CP (center of pressure) is the point where the aerodynamic forces ballance out. It is important to us because the CG (center of gravity) needs to be in front of the CP for a rocket to be stablle.

If you are asking such things, to the dark side you are drawn. :)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I can think of worse dark sides to be drawn too. :dark:

mpitfield

Staff member
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score

I have been looking at Jal3's approach and he did a great job, but unfortunately for me he set the bar high for anyone to follow...hopefully I can live up to his standard. I have no issues adding CP or anything else that would benefit the Galleries, so please keep posting your comments. You will just need to be patient while I find time to do the editing.

Thank, Mike. for adding the Boyce Aerospace category on the Galleries. I have posted my pic's of the Nike Zeus B there.
No problem, Angie actually added it at my request. I will get into setting it up this weekend, which may necessitate the need to move posts around. So please bear with me as I work through the logistics of setting up new sub-forums. In reviewing Jal3's posts I can see that he too had to develop procedures that worked for him.

neil_w

Marginally Stable
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I would love a quick explanation of how the whole process is actually supposed to work. If there's not already a gallery for a rocket we want to post pictures of, what are we supposed to do exactly?

Onebadhawk

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
The CP (center of pressure) is the point where the aerodynamic forces ballance out. It is important to us because the CG (center of gravity) needs to be in front of the CP for a rocket to be stablle.

If you are asking such things, to the dark side you are drawn. :)
hahahahaha,,
You're in trouble now Angie.....
Once down this path there's no going back.....
And you already have a history that will entice you down this road......
It's awfully slippery.....lol...

Teddy

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Mike,

Thank you! for adding MAC Performance Rocketry to the gallery. As a manufacturer, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing the enthusiasm shared by our customers.

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
What is a CP location? Just trying to learn what you mean.
If you're a forum admin of a rocketry forum.....you might wanna google something like that rather than ask us...... It's kinda like running a car forum and asking where the oil goes.

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
My gripe with the galleries is that it's great if you want to find a photo of a specific rocket. If you just wanna watch what people are doing, and see new things, it's so segmented you're never going to see anything.

I would honestly dump every single thread into a single gallery. It'd be great as a static display this way. but as a dynamic forum, this level of organization is horrible and makes it impossible to browse.

mpitfield

Staff member
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
If you're a forum admin of a rocketry forum.....you might wanna google something like that rather than ask us...... It's kinda like running a car forum and asking where the oil goes.
That is why Angie has Moderators that are familiar with the subject matter.

My gripe with the galleries is that it's great if you want to find a photo of a specific rocket. If you just wanna watch what people are doing, and see new things, it's so segmented you're never going to see anything.

I would honestly dump every single thread into a single gallery. It'd be great as a static display this way. but as a dynamic forum, this level of organization is horrible and makes it impossible to browse.
Hey Dave, I would like to improve on the Galleries forum where I can, but I don't understand the issue with the organization, can you give an example?

rharshberger

Reaction score
Michael, I think it would be great if people when they add a rocket to a gallery would also include the build thread link ( if any).

Last edited:

EXPjawa

Reaction score
That is why Angie has Moderators that are familiar with the subject matter.

Hey Dave, I would like to improve on the Galleries forum where I can, but I don't understand the issue with the organization, can you give an example?
I think Dave would prefer that everything be lumped together, with whatever random photos most recently posted being on top, or something like that. Like if you looked at my flickr photostream, you'd see whatever I posted last, regardless of what albums I put it in. But since the intent is that it be searchable by specific design so that some can, in fact, look for photos of a specific rocket, the segmented approach makes sense. Having everything in one big gallery makes little sense to those that want to find info about a specific scale project or are thinking of doing an upscale, etc. In fact, given the effectiveness of this site's search tool, if they weren't grouped as they are I'd have gone crazy trying to find things.

I wonder it there is a way that latest gallery (categorized) posts can somehow also be reflected in an upper-level gallery thread, again, like a photostream. That way, people that want to just see the latest photos posted can do so without clicking on every build thread and the like.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
hahahahaha,,
You're in trouble now Angie.....
Once down this path there's no going back.....
And you already have a history that will entice you down this road......
It's awfully slippery.....lol...

Teddy
You may be right. The more I hang around here the more interesting it becomes.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Well, David, It's more fun to ask the people here and to let them know I don't know everything but I'm interested. And the last time I knew CP it stood for Cost Point. A software system that is used by the government to handle orders from suppliers, invoices and such as that. On that CP I'm very proficient.

And as to running a car forum.... Well, I've been admin to one of those too. But Dad showed me where to put the oil in a car, but these new ones with all the stuff under the hood and you cannot even see the engine, it becomes harder and harder to find the dip stick.

What do you not know about?

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
You may be right. The more I hang around here the more interesting it becomes.
So, assuming you haven't got any kits, which of us gets to eventually send you one? First hit's always free.... :-D

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Ah, now you are tempting me.
rocket image.jpg

Onebadhawk

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Angie,
You seem like such a nice person..
I always smile when reading your posts..
You always have something nice to say...
To me it seems everyone who liked math and science in high school finds rocketry super interesting...
And it's kinda funny,, as the rocket gets bigger the math and science stays the same...

Michael,,
Thank you again man,,
I know how busy you can be during the day at work...
You're really putting a lot of thought, time and effort into this
just to make it better for everybody else...

Teddy

Dwatkins

Reaction score
Well, David, It's more fun to ask the people here and to let them know I don't know everything but I'm interested. And the last time I knew CP it stood for Cost Point. A software system that is used by the government to handle orders from suppliers, invoices and such as that. On that CP I'm very proficient.

And as to running a car forum.... Well, I've been admin to one of those too. But Dad showed me where to put the oil in a car, but these new ones with all the stuff under the hood and you cannot even see the engine, it becomes harder and harder to find the dip stick.

To me. It is nice to see the person running this forum and who's interest is IT/programming is interested enough to ask these kind of questions. Keeping the forum up and running does not require knowing the subject. Not the same as one of our moderators. Glad to see Angie is curious enough and interested to ask the questions.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Aw, Thanks guys.

Banzai88

Lvl 1,Wallet....Destroyed
TRF Supporter
Reaction score

CostPoint is the DEVIL! :no::no:

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
If you're looking to see paint jobs on say, LOC Mini Maggs, it is an excellent setup.

If you like to see the most recent things people are doing, it's impossible to navigate.