G80 Ejection Charge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keseimron

Reaction score
Greetings, I'm doing an MPR design - flying on a G80NBT and I am wondering if the G80NBT ejection charge can actually separate the payload bay and nosecone from the body tube, I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me your opinions on it. Below is the rocket design with the individual dimensions.
The distance between the end of the G80NBT and the start of the payload bay is roughly 44cm, and the inside diameter of the BT is 76,2cm. The weight of the nosecone is 135g and the weight of the payload bay (payload included) is approximately 50g. So the total weight the ejection charge needs to move is around 200g with the parachute considered.

Pathfinder v8.1c v21.png

Thank you so very much for your opinions.

Greetings, I'm doing an MPR design - flying on a G80NBT and I am wondering if the G80NBT ejection charge can actually separate the payload bay and nosecone from the body tube, I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me your opinions on it. Below is the rocket design with the individual dimensions.
The distance between the end of the G80NBT and the start of the payload bay is roughly 44cm, and the inside diameter of the BT is 76,2cm. The weight of the nosecone is 135g and the weight of the payload bay (payload included) is approximately 50g. So the total weight the ejection charge needs to move is around 200g with the parachute considered.

View attachment 513502

Thank you so very much for your opinions.

Do you mean the diameter of the body tube is 76.2 mm? If so, then it definitely worked for me. I did a test flight of my L1 rocket on that very motor, and it has similar lower dimensions, although the payload section is somewhat larger.

Do you mean the diameter of the body tube is 76.2 mm? If so, then it definitely worked for me. I did a test flight of my L1 rocket on that very motor, and it has similar lower dimensions, although the payload section is somewhat larger.
Ah yes, 7,62cm/76,2mm, typo. Thanks a lot!

Back