G-Force ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brown Lettuce

Reaction score
Hello forum, I'm new to this hobby with about 6 estes lpr builds. I've just completed an Aerotech G-FORCE build and have a few questions. The elastic shock cord doesn't seem sufficient. I have some 1" flat nylon strap available and wondering if that will work . If anyone can post a pic of their shock cord set up with chute placement I'd appreciate it. I plan on using a chute protector even though it has a baffle system.

Have you installed the elastic shock cord? How would you use the nylon strap? Add it to the existing elastic to make a longer shock cord, or simply replace the elastic?

You can buy a nylon cord from Topflight recovery with pre-sewn loops and use a couple of quick links to attach it. I think 15 feet should be long enough. I had a GFORCE and that's what I did. I also went with a slight larger chute. Also the baffle system works great no need for nomex cloth.

The shock cord and chute will work just fine. G force is one of my favorites second MPR I ever owned (20 years ago bought), flown about 50 times, stock built, no chute protector ever used, chute and shock cord still just fine.

Rcktnut, thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear that the supplied shock cord and chute will work just fine. This is my first big rocket build and i plan on attempting to get my L1 cert with it.

Back