Quantcast

G-Force picture schtuff

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

BlueNinja

Reaction score
numero two having size problems but hopefully fixed. the pic i mean.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Pencam, i was originally going to put it in a rocket but decided not to. I am going to *try* to get a better cam, this thing doesn't take a pic half the time due to low light settings. Maybe this should be in another thread, but what is a good digicam for under or around 100 dollars?

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
In my opinion... digital cameras under $200 are not worth their money. My suggestion... go to Target, get a Canon A60. It is a 2.0 megapixel camera (which is enough), great optical and digital zoom, fast, video mode with sound, and multishot mode. For $200. You can get $20 off if you get a target card (if you don't have one already). Most Digital cameras under $250 don't have optical zoom. This camera has 3x zoom.

I have a Canon A40, the ancestor of the A60, and I love it :)

BlueNinja

Reaction score
I'll check that one out.

EDIT 4-12:

I am borrowing the A70, 3.2mp :).

BlueNinja

Reaction score
rabidsheeep, here is a pic showing a 29mm G35 compared to A8's.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Those pics are kinda big filesize, the camera has a compression feature so I will try that and see how it works.

Test:

BlueNinja

Reaction score
What is the best aperture setting and exposure for taking rocket pics (fast)

edwardw

Reaction score
Best setting speed and aperture depend on the day. I shoot a lot of sports at 1/1000 w/ f 3.2 On a nice clear day though when I want everything in focus and am looking for a higher up shot with the smoke trial I go to F 11 or 16 on 1/125 or 1/250....but with experience you will get it - I am an avid outdoor photographer as well as a wedding photographer and do some model shoots..takes a while to perfect an art - I'm still not there and never will be...

Edward

Neil

Reaction score
My cams got a 10X optical zoom with a 2X digital zoom, can do pics, vids, sound ETC, and comes with a 16MB card standard...

I have no idea what it costs... Its a fujifilm S5000.

Man o man you KNOW I am bored when I am surfing through area 51....:eek:

astrowolf67

Reaction score
Originally posted by n3tjm
In my opinion... digital cameras under $200 are not worth their money. My suggestion... go to Target, get a Canon A60. It is a 2.0 megapixel camera (which is enough), great optical and digital zoom, fast, video mode with sound, and multishot mode. For $200. You can get $20 off if you get a target card (if you don't have one already). Most Digital cameras under $250 don't have optical zoom. This camera has 3x zoom.

I have a Canon A40, the ancestor of the A60, and I love it :)
Glad to hear the Canon cameras are good. We just received our new digital cam today. The A75. I've been playing with it a bit, and it'll take me a while to learn all the functions of this thing! So far though, it seems like a great little camera.