G-Force any good?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mantis looks a little wimpy for this rocket... it bends if i load it. Ill probably fly it at my club launch this month. For those of you who are in the area...:

KCAR

March 20 at Tickwood Ranch

The rocket looks great! The paint, well, that looks like one of MY paint jobs usualy do, but another coat of black will proabably cover that up....;) :( :rolleyes: But THATS OK..... itll still fly just as good. Be sure to get some good liftoff pics for us! (yeah, I know. Im one to talk. I just launched half a dozen rockets 20 minutes ago, and NO PICS!:eek: The batteries on my camera are dead. Honest.)

(BTW. I am talking about the little bit of grey on the black when I am reffering to the paint. If thats just the camera flash, my apolagies.;) )

cool.

I will probably get more paint tomorrow. Anyone know where I can get some cheaper than 25 dollar G35s and G38s for this puppy?

If your referring to the grey, thats just primer. I ran out of black paint.

Anyone got a fin masking template for this rocket? It says if you want the G-Force lettering to appear you need to paint the area white.

I would just use masking tape but I am not sure what you mean

the letters on the decals are clear and the fin paint is black. If you want the lettering to appear(which i do) the area must be painted white.

Great Lakes Hobbies has G35-4's in stock for $21.99. Although no body has had Fastjacks of any kind in stock for the last two years. Must be one of the last things on AeroTech's production list.

Funny, cause a little Hobby store here in Huntsville, AL called RC hobbies only has the "FastJack" singleuse packs. Both the G's and the F's....lots of them. All the reloads were consumed, but no one was interested in the singleuse motors, allthough the G40's and 80's quickly dissappeared along with the F20;s and the G35's.

They have not restocked since the fire... :mad:

Does Great Lakes charge hazmat for g motors? Do they have good fast shipping?

Just placed an order with GLH, hope the motors arrive by Saturday. fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
the letters on the decals are clear and the fin paint is black. If you want the lettering to appear(which i do) the area must be painted white.

I guess AT never got around to 'fixing' the decals.

I did a test of the paint, it comes off with a moderate amount of rubbing. Shouldn't be too bad, so I've resorted to painting the decals. It will fly on saturday if I can make it to the launch and I have the motors in my hand.

AFTER I painted the decals, I thought of painting a rectangle on the fins under the decals. duh me.

Pic:

Back