fyrwrxz

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to fyrwrxz? I just noticed he has not been here in a long while.

Last time I saw him at a launch was LDRS in Lucerne three years ago. It had been rare for a couple years before then as well.

I hear through mutual friends he considers coming to launches but then he doesn't make it.

As far as I can tell, he's still alive and kicking but has stepped back from the hobby for reasons I don't know.

He has a very positive, fun attitude and is easy to hang out with. Hopefully he finds his way back.

His posts were often very entertaining. If he doesn't come back I hope he is doing well. Hmmm... I suppose I hope he is doing well if he does come back too.

I've kidnapped him and am hiding him in my basement.
I needed someone to play with the cat, and clean motor casings.
Don't worry, he is being treated well.....I feed him at least once a day (he especially likes Cheese-Its) and he has access to my entire comic book collection for those times when he's bored (and the cat is not needing attention).

I told him that if he's really good, I will let him out to attend a launch perhaps in the fall.

ssixsixsix

His posts were very entertaining.

Also why I kidnapped him.....the cat just loves him!
(although he did scare the neighbor's kids when I let him out in the backyard for a bit. won't make that mistake again.)

ssixsixsix

The sad reality of online life ... people disappear, and you often don't know why, or if they are still alive or healthy, or whatever.

Don't worry, everyone. I will come back to haunt you even after I'm dead. (cue evil laugh)

fyrwrxz last posted to the Tripoli San Diego mailing list on 3/25. He acknowledged he's not had a lot of time for rocketry lately.

Not to derail the thread, but how about Bob Krech? Haven't seen any posts for quite a while. His posts were often filled with math that hurt my head but always well worth the effort to decode them. I know he was getting busy with other activities so I'm hoping it's nothing more than that.

Tony

Not to derail the thread, but how about Bob Krech? Haven't seen any posts for quite a while. His posts were often filled with math that hurt my head but always well worth the effort to decode them. I know he was getting busy with other activities so I'm hoping it's nothing more than that.

Tony

I'd like to hear about that too. Some time ago he told me that things were really, really busy between work and his volunteering with the Civil Air Patrol, but then he sort of fell off the map altogether.

Tony

I'd like to hear about that too. Some time ago he told me that things were really, really busy between work and his volunteering with the Civil Air Patrol, but then he sort of fell off the map altogether.
I just texted with Bob over the past two days. He's retired from his full-time job for some time now and still very active with CAP. He hasn't been coming to CMASS events for a while (CAP conflicts, mostly) but is active with URRF and will be at their June launch. His daughter is getting married in August and he plans on getting some needed eye surgery after that. I hope that makes coming to CMASS launches and meetings easier for him and that he gets his brain back to this forum.

Now, back to our OP topic.

I just texted with Bob over the past two days. He's retired from his full-time job for some time now and still very active with CAP. He hasn't been coming to CMASS events for a while (CAP conflicts, mostly) but is active with URRF and will be at their June launch. His daughter is getting married in August and he plans on getting some needed eye surgery after that. I hope that makes coming to CMASS launches and meetings easier for him and that he gets his brain back to this forum.

Good to know that he's well.

Fantastic to hear Bob is fine! I've always enjoyed his posts. I haven't been active flying due to job, becoming a widower and having to take care of an adult, autistic spectrum son. He's a lot better now and we can travel together and could go to launches. 2.5 years to retirement and I can't wait.
Tomorrow is my son's birthday.......and my deceased wife's. They had the same b'day. Gotta be happy for him but I'll be crying for her. That's her in the avatar. Kurt

It sure is nice to hear that fritz ( as I always called him in my mind ) is ok..
I always loved his posts..
I was just asking about Bob K last weekend at the launch..
He AND Dan S will be back at the coming URRF launch in a couple of weeks..
It'll sure be nice to see both of them again..
I got some chuckle off of that,,
those two are the last you'd ever thing,,
they're a dynamic duo,, lol..

Teddy

You like me, you really like me! I'd like to accept this award tonight and thank...no wait...that's the wrong notes.

We chose to go to the moon in this decade not because it's...uh, sorry-wrong audio clip.

It's really dark in here. A muffled voice comes from somewhere outside this darkness and I don't recognize it. I think the build pile finally collapsed on me. Drat! It's okay tho' because there is this friendly cat to curl up with, but I'm running out of Cheetos (the preferred snack of old rocketeers) and the Mountain Dew bottle is empty, like all the other ones strewn about. I'm going to tie a note to the cat addressed to the United Mine Workers and maybe they can tunnel in and save me. Just don't break anything. These rocket parts are all my precious treasures and if I have to be buried with them, that's how I wanted to go. I miss the Viking Princess...she used to bring me coffee, but she wouldn't come in the room. Said she was allergic to carbon fibre dust and CA glue. Go figure. She prolly hasn't looked for me for days, but that is routine. As long as I go to work and bring home the..uh-oh...hope I still have a job. How did I get here? Last thing I remember was that satisfying "thunk" of a thick carbon body tube as you banged off the dust after sanding. I had a dream I saw Dave here, too. I miss him-stealth6 was great rocketeer, wonder how he's doing anyway? Maybe Mark can make a wrap for my tombstone, something like "A true rocketeer...he was just exhausted."

So-thanks to the greatest (after Troj) ((and maybe Darell)) moderator on TRF, Chuck reached out (prolly after KenRico texted him) to get me back on the Forum. Yup! I'M BAACCKK! See you at a launch sometime this year (I promise)

See,,
Now that brings a smile to my face..
It's nice to hear from ya Fritzy..

Teddy

You like me, you really like me! I'd like to accept this award tonight and thank...no wait...that's the wrong notes.

We chose to go to the moon in this decade not because it's...uh, sorry-wrong audio clip.

It's really dark in here. A muffled voice comes from somewhere outside this darkness and I don't recognize it. I think the build pile finally collapsed on me. Drat! It's okay tho' because there is this friendly cat to curl up with, but I'm running out of Cheetos (the preferred snack of old rocketeers) and the Mountain Dew bottle is empty, like all the other ones strewn about. I'm going to tie a note to the cat addressed to the United Mine Workers and maybe they can tunnel in and save me. Just don't break anything. These rocket parts are all my precious treasures and if I have to be buried with them, that's how I wanted to go. I miss the Viking Princess...she used to bring me coffee, but she wouldn't come in the room. Said she was allergic to carbon fibre dust and CA glue. Go figure. She prolly hasn't looked for me for days, but that is routine. As long as I go to work and bring home the..uh-oh...hope I still have a job. How did I get here? Last thing I remember was that satisfying "thunk" of a thick carbon body tube as you banged off the dust after sanding. I had a dream I saw Dave here, too. I miss him-stealth6 was great rocketeer, wonder how he's doing anyway? Maybe Mark can make a wrap for my tombstone, something like "A true rocketeer...he was just exhausted."

So-thanks to the greatest (after Troj) ((and maybe Darell)) moderator on TRF, Chuck reached out (prolly after KenRico texted him) to get me back on the Forum. Yup! I'M BAACCKK! See you at a launch sometime this year (I promise)

You should add 'Father of the Pimp Chile' to your signature ..

I spotted Fyrwrxz in the wild ... he was primering large tubes !

But I musta spooked him because he put them back in storage and ran into the house !

Oh, where or where has my Fyrwrxz gone..oh, where or where can he be ????

Kenny

About time!

Danny, oh, my IT God...good to hear from you. I got a new phone with old number, but it's smarter than me. i could complain, but in cyberspace nobody can hear you scream, which is good. I have new cusswords not yet in the dictionary.

Back