FYI: Stickershock is [NOT] closed...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I order from Mark for the first time about six months ago. His customer service was terrific. I am very sad to hear about this, because I've been moving into bigger diameter rockets and was planning on order more decals. I wish him the best and hope he reconsiders.

I order from Mark for the first time about six months ago. His customer service was terrific. I am very sad to hear about this, because I've been moving into bigger diameter rockets and was planning on order more decals. I wish him the best and hope he reconsiders.

Absolutely, every time. I removed the word permanently - fingers crossed.

I have nothing but great things to say about Mark! I have Stickershock vinyl waiting for my Estes Honest John, V-2, and Scion. All top quality stuff but here’s the kicker...last year or so ago he asked for a volunteer to send him a rocket for use in an instructional video on using his new at the time vinyl sheets. I volunteered, not thinking he’d have any interest in wrapping an Estes PSII E2X Mammoth, but evidently I was one of the very few who contacted him. We emailed back and forth, came up with a design, and right before I started packing the rocket for shipment...somebody else stepped up with a larger diameter rocket. After watching the video I understand why. Much easier to demo his process on a larger body tube. But guess what, since he’d already printed the wrap he sent it to me for the cost of shipping. That my friends is exceptional customer service.

And, by the way, he was right. As nice as the Mammoth turned out the larger diameter rocket he used in the video worked much better as a demo. Hopefully we haven’t permanently lost a great resource like Mark and Stickershock.

Take care Mark.

If the rumors about a handful of surly customers are true, I definitely get where Mark is coming from. I've run a small custom machine business for 14 years, and in that time I've learned there are some people that just aren't worth the effort. The vast majority of people are honest and easy to work with, but every so often I get one that is just a massive frustrating time sink. I've learned to be more suspicious of potentially problematic people, and there are a few who I refuse to work with any more. Unreasonable expectations and unreasonable demands are the things that sometimes make me want to throw up my hands and quit.

I've done business with Mark for many years. He is wonderfully patient and, in my opinion, charged too little for the great work he produced. I don't think that any of us would object if he "cut off" the few malcontents that may have led to his decision (I'm just guessing that it may be the reason). Whatever his ultimate decision is- eternal thanks, Mark!

Mike Momenee
TRA #12430 L3

My kids and I have loved seeing rockets Mark's worked on or brought himself at launches. I hope we see him (and his epically stickered trailer) at many future launches too. I definitely understand *ahem* crummy customers (I even shut down a business because of them). Maybe we should share stories.

Better yet, maybe the hobby as a whole can come up with a way to, ummm, motivate customers to kindly remember how fragile this hobby is and how grateful we should all be that any vendors at all spend their valuable time giving to the hobby.

I think these are a couple photos of rockets with Mark's work on them (maybe Mark's rockets?). It's always cool to see great looking rockets.IMG_3342-2.jpg IMG_3674-2.jpg

Last edited:
5F8003C5-1313-45A3-8B35-1453EA5C2EC3.jpeg
Not great news. I got some truly excellent stuff from there. The only alternative I currently know is Tango Papa...

https://www.tangopapadecals.com/

I've never ordered from there but I understand they're good.
Tango Papa Decals (Tom Prestia) does beautiful work. He travels a lot, so be patient getting ahold of him. He did custom decals for my Super Orbital Transport.

this is unfortunate news, and I confess I may be part of the problem. He was very accommodating to me on a project we were working on, and sadly, I went dark on it 2 months ago...without telling him.

Now I feel obligate to co tinue it, once he returns. For everyone's sake.

If the rumors about a handful of surly customers are true, I definitely get where Mark is coming from. I've run a small custom machine business for 14 years, and in that time I've learned there are some people that just aren't worth the effort. The vast majority of people are honest and easy to work with, but every so often I get one that is just a massive frustrating time sink. I've learned to be more suspicious of potentially problematic people, and there are a few who I refuse to work with any more. Unreasonable expectations and unreasonable demands are the things that sometimes make me want to throw up my hands and quit.

i do custom woodworking and have ran into the same (love the ones that want custom work at ikea pricing). i found it much easier to say," i dont think i am going to be able to help you" rather than try and please them. ive wasted hours and hours trying to please a couple customers and in the end only hurt myself. much easier to let them walk. their displeasure isnt a reflection of who i am or my work.

Mark,
Everyone needs to take a break, step back, and re-evaluate stuff in their lives from time to time. I have always loved your work and have several rockets attired in your creations. I hope you find the serenity you seek and take the time needed to tend to your own desires and family obligations. This hobby will still be here if and when you decide to be involved and we will all welcome you back with great admiration. Take care and see to your health, physical, mental, and emotional. You will be missed but it is well understood.

Really hope that Mark continues to fly rockets for fun.

Thanks for all the custom work, Mark!

Mark,,
I completely and thoroughly understand how you can get frustrated, especially with custom work..
Please be aware of where you are right now..
You have quite a niche carved out for yourself in this hobby and with this community..
So many absolutely jump to stand behind you and support you..
Always have..
It has taken many years of hard work to get yourself to such a place of respect..
It isn't an easy road and it doesn't happen overnight..
Respect what you have built,, even the other vendors in this hobby use your services..
If you ave to make adjustments, particularly monetary, make them..
You have read here that nobody will mind..
But please don't make any rash decisions so serious as to closing up shop..
We all still need your services..

I know I don't have to say this, but,
If there's anything I can do,,
Just give a holler..

Teddy

I miss Mark already! Both personally and his skills. When and if you're ready for a comeback Mark, you're loyal friends and customers await!

A number of people in my club have rockets with gorgeous wraps from Stickershop. I could never justify spending the money as after their first flight half of the rockets in my fleet look like they crashed a few times. The other half of my fleet looks like that BEFORE the first flight.
Anyway, some truly gorgeous stuff out there by this talented craftsman!

I want to thank everyone for the support I've had hundreds of emails people asking me to stay please give me a week or two I need some time off I'm going to make some major changes and then I'll try and get things back to running thank you for understanding

I want to thank everyone for the support I've had hundreds of emails people asking me to stay please give me a week or two I need some time off I'm going to make some major changes and then I'll try and get things back to running thank you for understanding
\o/ Great to hear from you, bud. Enjoy some much needed time away.

Mark
The wife and I have had you and your wife in our prayers since your last email to me. Your family and yourself come first. We will miss your great work. Maybe some day you can step back to rocketry.

Best of luck from your rocketry family.

Thanks for coming by and thinking about reopening. I’ve only used your services once but it was a top notch experience. One of the best things about my new job is that my boss isn’t afraid to fire customers or tell them that we don’t have time to work on their project. It makes a world of difference over the previous company that took all comers.

Mark,
I hope you bring back your business. You had the best vinyl in the world! The GF's trailer needs the decal for the driver's side yet, too. I can't use someone else, they wouldn't match... :D:D
Please enjoy your time off, and enjoy the time with your family and close friends. When your ready to come back, hopefully I'll have money for custom work for you :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Have a great new year, and the best to you whatever happens...

Take your time and enjoy a break. I would suggest not putting a duration on it.

Have a nice New Year!

Just do what's right for you, take your time.

Hi Mark, if you want to dial it back for a while or for good, or go do something completely different, that is totally cool. I hope it's obvious that you have a lot of support around here, for whatever road you decide to take. Here's hoping you enjoy a well-deserved break or course change. Best wishes!

Mark, sorry if I was ever one of those jerk customers. Glad to see you are going to try again. You make our rockets into works of art.

Hey Mark,
I can only chime in and agree with everyone else about the great work you do! When I ordered decals from you we collaborated back and forth via email. In the end I got what I needed and am very happy with the finished products. My experience has borne out that vinyl decals last longer and are less subject to running when clear coated than printing my own does.
I also agree with those that say if you need time off or away from this please DO take whatever necessary time needed for this. But as someone that loves scaling in HPR I've got other projects I'm looking forward to do. I'm hoping that when the time comes you'll still be around to make the decals for my 11.4" Goblin!
God Bless you and yours, REAL GOOD!
Gordon O.

Mark, Family first.

Mike

Back