FYI: Stickershock is [NOT] closed...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It saddened me. I have hosted his site for free for the last several years as a service to the hobby. I understand his decision. We can be a demanding bunch.

This makes me sad. So glad I go that last order in and I sure hope things go well for Mark and his future endeavors.

One of my favorite rocket vendors to deal with. :(

Wow, what a surprise. Seemed like Mark's business was quite successful, with many happy customers. Whatever the reason, wishing Mark and family best wishes for the future.

All the best to Mark and his wife. They're good people.

Oh No! That's not good! I was getting ready to have Mark do some decals for some ARS stuff as well as a wrap for one of my upcoming rockets!

Does anyone know why he closed shop?

Also, who else in the rocketry business does vinyl? Or was Mark the only one that did it??

Thanks,

Mark, if you can see this, thank you for the great service you provided to everyone. And thank you for helping me with sticker design for my rockets. Thanks also for going the extra mile with a surprise custom image of Lockheed Martin for my L3.
I'll miss your great work. Best wishes. If you ever come back, you'll have a loyal customer base here for you.

Wow... so sad. Mark is one of the best guys out there. Great vendor, great person.

I have some of his stuff and it was all top notch. I was planning on having something custom done but I guess that's not happening. Some rocket makers pretty much depended on him - like what's the point in getting an AMW FiberMax if you can't get the decals anymore?

This year the closures include, what, Dr. Zooch, Fliskits, BAMA Recovery, and now this.

+ Adept Altimeters...….
I have some of his stuff and it was all top notch. I was planning on having something custom done but I guess that's not happening. Some rocket makers pretty much depended on him - like what's the point in getting an AMW FiberMax if you can't get the decals anymore?

This year the closures include, what, Dr. Zooch, Fliskits, BAMA Recovery, and now this.

Some of BAMA's designs are now being done by Rocketman, and FlisKits has new owners.
Someone will most likely step up, we now have a huge hole without Stickershock23.

Wow. That's bad. Mark is an extremely patient man. Helped me out on several rockets. Hope everything starts looking up for Mark and his wife. Cancer is a horrible thing. Truly a loss for the hobby. God bless Mark and his wife. We'll be here if you ever open up shop again.

It was the unhappy ones that did it.

Given the 11/27 post on his FB page, I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with customers. Wishing Mark and his family nothing but the best.

I've purchased several sets of stickers over the years, but actually haven't applied any yet. I didn't manage to grab the how-to video from his site before it went down, anybody know if a copy exists anywhere else?

Mark’s a class act and a craftsman have some of his flame work on my rockets right now, while I’m bummed I’ll have to shop around in the future I’m glad to see he’s there for his family, with a recent cancer scare in my little family I can relate... Godspeed to you and your family Mark if you’re reading this, we’re all pulling for you.

Given the 11/27 post on his FB page, I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with customers. Wishing Mark and his family nothing but the best.

I've purchased several sets of stickers over the years, but actually haven't applied any yet. I didn't manage to grab the how-to video from his site before it went down, anybody know if a copy exists anywhere else?

They apply similarly to vinyl decals you’d put on a car window, so YouTube has several examples, full wraps can be a little tricky, but the technique still applies...

At least one of the how to videos he linked to was actually a TAP Plastics video so I might search on that.

Agreed - Mark will be missed. I've gotten several products from hime and have always been happy. Best of luck to you Mark!

Dang, that's awful. Mark is such a nice guy, and incredibly creative. I hope things get better for him soon.

That is disappointing news. I have a few sticker sets from him and was planning more when I had a design fleshed out. I wish Mark and his wife the best with future endeavors and battling major health problems.

Wow, what a surprise. Seemed like Mark's business was quite successful, with many happy customers. Whatever the reason, wishing Mark and family best wishes for the future.
From something I saw on FB, it looks like his wife was diagnosed with cancer again. Praying for a complete and quick recovery if that is true.

Back