funny story

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binder Design

Reaction score
Ok, I thought I'd share this story. Before we started producing the Max Q Aerospace line, I thought I'd better secure the domain name so I registered maxqaerospace.com. I got a phone call from the hosting company asking if I needed their services in setting up my "gay social networking" website.

At that point I decided to abandon that domain. True story.

Really?! I can imagine seeing the new ads on TRF thanks to this thread... Oh boy... just what we need. B**fcake models. :facepalm:

Why would they have asked that? I don't get it.:confused2:

Also, "maxqaerospace" includes the "word"... "quaero" which, I suspect, would be pronounced similarly to "queer-o."

For those a little slow.....The guy who contacted me pronounced it: Max Queer o Space.

For those a little slow.....The guy who contacted me pronounced it: Max Queer o Space.

Ya know,,,
Until this post,,
I was thinking --- How did they get an association with gay or gays in any way from "Max Q Aerospace" ...........

Now that's funny...

Teddy

Ok, I thought I'd share this story. Before we started producing the Max Q Aerospace line, I thought I'd better secure the domain name so I registered maxqaerospace.com. I got a phone call from the hosting company asking if I needed their services in setting up my "gay social networking" website.

At that point I decided to abandon that domain. True story.

I live in California, so I always append a "...not that there is anything wrong with that" with any kind of story like that. It is funny how we would have no idea how others/a certain marketing segment would interpret that, and how another group has no idea grown men would be flying rockets...live and learn!

Actually, did you ever stop to think about how registering domain names like that could be another source of revenue? LOL!

I live in California, so I always append a "...not that there is anything wrong with that" with any kind of story like that. It is funny how we would have no idea how others/a certain marketing segment would interpret that, and how another group has no idea grown men would be flying rockets...live and learn!

Actually, did you ever stop to think about how registering domain names like that could be another source of revenue? LOL!

I don't discriminate against anybody, so didn't feel the need to preface the story. I just didn't want to confuse the customer as to what kind of "rockets" I was advertising.

:point: what kind of "ROCKETS" :point:
Now that's funny

So Max Q is interpreted as Most Queer?

(Not there is anything wrong with that...)

"Hi. My name is Q --- Max Q. I was wondering, is that a rocket in your pocket?"

Oh god. Now I can't even check TRF in public.

Seriously- that's hilarious, thanks for sharing

Nate

Perhaps a new category could be listed under Advanced Topics? You know, like [Restricted]Enter at Your Own Risk? :facepalm:

Get that name back! Do you really care about the sexual orientation of the customer? Or what s/he uses the rocket for? A group of gay rocketeers would keep the BATFE away forever!

Get that name back! Do you really care about the sexual orientation of the customer? Or what s/he uses the rocket for? A group of gay rocketeers would keep the BATFE away forever!
The might give "BAR" a whole new meaning.

Get that name back! Do you really care about the sexual orientation of the customer?

No, and please don't put words in my mouth. I am extremely against intolerance of any kind. I just didn't want any confusion amongst the general public and I never assumed anyone would pronounce it that way when I registered it.

"Intolerance closes the book of Knowledge and writes on the cover, “Finis! I have learned it all!” Intolerance makes enemies of those who should be friends." Napoleon Hill

Back