Funny editorial cartoon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it really true that the paperwork & permits weigh more than Space Ship One??

I wouldent doubt it!

You need permits for the motor (or, maybe you dont... It was a hybrid, right?), you need FAA permits for a suborbital trajectory, you might need permits to use the airstrip....:D :eek: :p

when we bought our house, i almost died laughing (until i realized they weren't kidding) when i was presented with a 4" thick stack of papers to sign, initial, and read!
:eek:

but...
WHAT A VIEW!!!!!!!
and getting there had to be better than a ride in a top fuel dragster! probably not as many Gees, but that 17-second burn is more than 3x longer than a top fueler's trip down the 1320!

Over here in the U.K. we must be the undisputed kings of permits and licenses.We need 3 seperate certificates for any motor above a D.We need a license for our TVs,we need licenses for fishing rods,we need bait digging licenses,C.B. radio permits.Up untill recently we needed dog licenses but they were scrapped because it cost more to produce them than the actual cost of the licence.:)

A licence for a FISHING ROD, did you say!?

And I thought the ATF was bad...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by arthur dent
We need a license for our TVs
I agree with all of your rant exept this one - the license fee gives us the BBC. They wouldn't be able to give us half the quality comedy they do without being publicly funded! :D

Originally posted by cydermaster
I agree with all of your rant exept this one - the license fee gives us the BBC. They wouldn't be able to give us half the quality comedy they do without being publicly funded! :D

yep i agree..after all they funded the mighty boosh.

Latest posts

Back