Fun Rockets available @ JonRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juaru

Reaction score
The Fun Rockets by Holverson are now available at www.JonRocket.com.

I've flown a couple of these, the Wicked Winnie and the Silver Hawk, and both are great fliers.

They are basically RTF and are CHEAP. As a little incentive, through the end of June, we are going to throw in a FREE Zoomie with every order. And as always, enjoy FREE SHIPPING on all orders over 20.00!

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Originally posted by Juaru
The Fun Rockets by Holverson are now available at www.JonRocket.com.

I've flown a couple of these, the Wicked Winnie and the Silver Hawk, and both are great fliers.

They are basically RTF and are CHEAP. As a little incentive, through the end of June, we are going to throw in a FREE Zoomie with every order. And as always, enjoy FREE SHIPPING on all orders over 20.00!

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Good deal! I just got the glider collection along with an Edmonds glider. I think I'll have myself an ALL-Glider day at our next local meet. THANKS!

Are these the styrofoam ones that had the quality problems? Or are they new stock?

Yes, these are the cheap stryrofoam kits. They actually fly pretty good. I got a great deal on them and I "margnally" endorse them. Basically, I've flown a couple and had no problems - so far. I use my wicked winnie as a wind tester. It really flies great. I've also flown the tangent and the Zoomie. I can't vouch for the swinger or the silver hawk and would appreciate any feedback on those. I am aware that there have been some quality problems and will gladly exchange any Fun Rocket product that is not "up to snuff".

If you come across any of the Holverson originals I highly endorse them. They are great fliers and great builds. They have some new designs on the drawing board now, but seem to be having trouble raising the capital. I'd like to think I'm doing my little part to help get Holverson Designs back up on their feet so we can get some more of the originals!

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Originally posted by Juaru
I can't vouch for the swinger or the silver hawk and would appreciate any feedback on those. I am aware that there have been some quality problems and will gladly exchange any Fun Rocket product that is not "up to snuff".

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

My first R/G was a FunRockets Swinger. I paid $14.99 + shipping the first time around from an eBay vendor. To my surprise it was all foam. (From the cover art and from what I had found online, I was expecting balsa.) At any rate, I took it in stride because it was a rocket that would do something other than "whoosh-pop." After carefully putting together the one or two foam parts (I can't recall what all is required for assembly), I took it outside for some test hand-toss flights. The glides were VERY smooth an clean. No trimming was required.

The first flight proved to be the last for the Swinger. On boost the foam glider spun violently. Then came the ejection charge....nothing. Just as quickly as it had gone up on a C6-3, the rocket came in nose first - BAM! It rekitted itself instantly. Upon close inspection I noticed that the top wing was scorched badly. As a matter of fact, the engine exhaust nearly burned 1/2 way through. I suppose the melted foam had something to do with the failed fin deployment.

Attached is the post mortem. Hopefully this next one will perform flawlessly! Boy do I hope the balsa version makes a comeback!

Back