Fun Kit!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Hey, just finished this kit. The Sword (may have seen them in recent ROL auctions). Fun. And if you're in the mood, tests your fit and finish skills. Has an E motor mount. Best to use E30 and F engines as the stock nosecone is very heavy (and heavy duty).

Should turn some heads at the next launch...

For some reason, I picture this rocket lawn-darting into a rock, and some kid named Arthur pulling it out and getting delusions of grandeur. ;)

shockie B),

Just curious, how heavy is the nosecone on your Sword? Mine weighed in at 3.3 oz! According to Lance K. (designer) this is a recent change due to lack of supply. Anyway the rocket with that nosecone is overstable at 5.7 calibers. Combine this with the low mounted lugs and I was afraid to send it up with an Estes E.

-Tim

dixon:
actually that isn't my Sword, its lance's Sword from a recent BlueSkies 1 HPR launch....

I might add these E9 flights were done under essentially NO WIND conditions.......ie they went straight up with no weather cocking whatsoever....

You might email lance and ask him for more specifics as far as CG-CP .....

Originally posted by kenobi65
For some reason, I picture this rocket lawn-darting into a rock, and some kid named Arthur pulling it out and getting delusions of grandeur. ;)

ha I had the same image

Latest posts

Back