Full Scale V-2 Rocket Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it? If you have a look at rockets signature you'll see a URL for his blogspot page. On that page you'll see a link to his Google+ page. It appears he frequents Tripoli Mid Ohio launches. That seems to mesh with his "somewhere in Ohio" Location in his profile.

So a new member shows up and does 2 threads, within 15 minutes both times rockets responded. The first response both times, that is weird to me.

Now I may have a disposition to seeing things a little with more skepticism, I will admit that. Could I be wrong, sure, but I do not think I am. The story does not line up, in fact it makes no sense whatsoever, for the reasons I listed above. Add to that he is asking for a favor in one thread and sponsors in another and my fraud senses are on red alert. This community is full of people who go out of their way to see the good in people and offer their resources I just do not want to see that taken advantage of.

I will add as well, do you know anyone who has flown an M2400 that does not have tons of epoxy laying around at all times. To the point where they would need to ask for it in the yard sale?

My opinion, which is purely mine, is that this account was created solely to get a rise out of our helpful older members by performing as a caricature of our much younger members.

If this person is genuinely just an excited kid: take it down a few notches, fly some birds, and work your way up. We'll help!

If, as I suspect, it's some sad person with an axe to grind or who just enjoys chaos: don't pick on the kids.

TrollFace.jpg

[video=youtube;2Z4m4lnjxkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY[/video]

Just as a side note, it isn't me. ;) even though it looks a whole lot like what I used to be.

Reactions: SMR
If you guys want to fall for it, more power to you. His posts are replied to quickly by rockets which is interesting. He asked for people to pm him to sponsor his V2 build that will be in 2018 yet he only has $24 for rocket poxy and a 5 grain cti case. I am just telling you guys, watch out... this is all kinds of fishy

It does seem a little odd, and definitely doesn't add up.

Thanks,

So a new member shows up and does 2 threads, within 15 minutes both times rockets responded. The first response both times, that is weird to me.
I believe that is just a coincidence. I guess I just happened to be on the forum when he posted, on his "looking for epoxy thread" I tried to help him out with links to different places to get cheap epoxy.
And on his 1:1 V2, I tried to help him out by saying that it wasn't a very good idea, and was quite surprised that I was the first to post.
And why do you think it's weird?

Thanks,

Everyone if you think im not a kid or am just trying to make you happy, then if people want a loc iroc thread (i need to build up my arsenal again) i will post a video on here of me building one.

Funny! if you did read my supposibly "bullshit" post you would also know i said i need to rebuild those rockets. My dad is now full time, we had move and my new home doesnt have a workshop... And also let me explain something. One you get a free case when you get your cert. Two i love you guys for giving me great insight. Three How am i gonna launch when my dad is at work all the time! Im serious. I will regain my flight certifications by flying them with my mom. It would make scense as she is home all the time. M motor was a level 3 failure due to retention issuies. So just know that im not taking advatage of nice people. I was just i need of epoxy and a reload? i ant rich but the money i do get, i spend on rocketry

Don't worry about justifying yourself to people. In general, you'll never win, and their opinion doesn't matter anyways.

Funny! if you did read my supposibly "bullshit" post you would also know i said i need to rebuild those rockets. My dad is now full time, we had move and my new home doesnt have a workshop... And also let me explain something. One you get a free case when you get your cert. Two i love you guys for giving me great insight. Three How am i gonna launch when my dad is at work all the time! Im serious. I will regain my flight certifications by flying them with my mom. It would make scense as she is home all the time. M motor was a level 3 failure due to retention issuies. So just know that im not taking advatage of nice people. I was just i need of epoxy and a reload? i ant rich but the money i do get, i spend on rocketry

Seriously?

1. Yes you get a free CTI case with cert reload, but not through TRF, so why are you asking for a reload here and losing the opprotunity to get it free?
3. Now you are going to "run" the certs through your Mom instead of your Dad? So you are going to build the bird, and your mom is going to say it is hers, and then take the L2 test herself? You can't do it yourself for 5 years.

If you did an L3 attempt "through" your Dad who was the TAP/L3CC? I would assume you are saying that he/she was ok with you building a L3 rocket to fly in your fathers name?

@DHBARR what you said there would make all the sense in the world.

Any cert flight requires an active FAA waiver, so which events/locations did you make cert attempts at? Knowing that information should lead to more than a few people who know who you are. Next, L3 cert attempts require build documentation so post a link to it. To make a cert atttempt requires an active NAR/Tripoli membership, even if it's expired now, what was it? If you were a member of NAR you don't need to recertify if you let your membership lapse, just rejoin.

If you had come on TRF looking for research information instead of posting you had all the answeres you would not have tripped all the b------t flags with everyone.

I will add as well, do you know anyone who has flown an M2400 that does not have tons of epoxy laying around at all times. To the point where they would need to ask for it in the yard sale?

Name an account something like "Screech_Loki_fan_boi" or "OPTIMASROCK" and I'm willing to bet I'd be the first two replies to everything they post. Rockets is a 13 year old kid... of course he's going to respond to "13 year old rocket guru"

I've got an M2550LB sitting in a drawer downstairs. That lazy-ass motor hasn't made me a single ounce of epoxy for me. Why hasn't anyone told me about this?

If this person is genuinely just an excited kid: take it down a few notches, fly some birds, and work your way up. We'll help!

I have money on this being the case.

Just as a side note, it isn't me. ;) even though it looks a whole lot like what I used to be.

I think this was ALL of us at 13. Man, if I had access to the interwebz, do you know how much stuff I'd have posted?

3. Now you are going to "run" the certs through your Mom instead of your Dad? So you are going to build the bird, and your mom is going to say it is hers, and then take the L2 test herself? You can't do it yourself for 5 years.

If you did an L3 attempt "through" your Dad who was the TAP/L3CC? I would assume you are saying that he/she was ok with you building a L3 rocket to fly in your fathers name?

It is not uncommon for youth to have no idea how the youth certification process works.

If you don't trust it, ignore the thread. If you have advice, offer it. Making the kid prove who or what he's done is a pointless exercise.

You are really going to bat for this "kid"

They seem to be on around the same times, it may be a coincidence. Let's not get bogged down on that though when there are so many other problems.

So the point is people who build L3 birds have epoxy, multiple types, usually in quanitiy. West/Aeropoxy/Rocketpoxy/Hobby Grade/JB. I appreciate the sarcasim though

Ill take that bet

It may not be uncommon for a person of his age, but he is saying he and his dad did a L3 attempt. In fact he eluded to him being the actual "flier". He could end this with his L3CC/TAP vouching for him.

Ill eat crow if I am wrong, but I have seen this before, and no I will not ignore it. Either this account is a caracture like dhbarr said, or he is trying to manipulate good people out of their hard earned money through "sponsorship". Plus I am sick today so I have the time.

Alright folks. Apparently two sides have staked out positions and neither side will be convinced by the other. While I don't think that this project is a good idea considering the age and experience of those involved, neither do I want them to continue without leaving a door open for them to find good advice and assistance. If they're going to go forward, they'll need a lot of help.

With that said, this thread is only becoming a magnet for increasingly inappropriate comments so I'm going to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back