• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Full Scale ARCAS kit (Kingshouse 2006 vintage)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hybridsrfun

Reaction score
SOLD For sale unbuilt, complete Kingshouse ARCAS kit with beautiful turned NC and tailcone. 54mm mount, details and build threads searchable on this Forum from when Doug released the kit in 2006. No instructions (it didn't come with any), decal included. I am selling a bunch of stuff but wanted to get this out there first. $125 plus shipping. I live near Knoxville, TN. PM me unless you have a general question. Thanks, John

Last edited:
Wish it did, I missed a super nice set of motors that way. Or maybe I'm glad it don't, saved me 100 bucks.

Did Doug make two different versions? I have one by him still in the box that is a 4" BT (as opposed to the 4.5" of an ARCAS). The one I have has the most gorgeous 4" x 12" solid balsa nose cone. Either way it is a stunning kit. I do have a set of directions for mine and whomever get this one PM me and I give you a copy.

Whoever picked this up snagged a fantastic kit. That nosecone is a thing of beauty and the entire rocket is simply fantastic. In my mind, this is likely a high-water mark for paper/ply kits due to the nosecone and tailcone. $125 is an absolute steal for this kit! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of building this rocket - from unboxing to getting my L2 with it.

Hopefully whoever has this (Chuck?) gets a chance to document and build. Al - you should dust it off and build it up!

I will post a build thread.

I will a lot more time on my hands in about 3 weeks.

I've owned two and sold them both. I'm an idiot for selling them. It is a great kit. From what I remember though, the nose cone was not balsa, it was a hardwood.

Solid Basswood nose and tail cone with 12 ply fins. I was tempted to use a nice grained veneer on the body tube and give it all a nice wood stain and finish. A "wooden" Arcus would be unique.

I will post a build thread.

I will a lot more time on my hands in about 3 weeks.

Nice score!

It was everything I could do to not pull the trigger on this. Since I already have one, it would have made me feel greedy. You are going to love this kit. It is a work of art!

I also have the full set of instructions if you need a copy. It even includes instructions on how to build the fun mounting brackets from scratch if you choose.

Cheers,
Michael

Back