• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Full-Length Rocket Launch Videos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All!
As some of you may know, I run a Youtube channel called Rocket Vlogs, where I document not only my builds but large launches around the country. I have a very supportive subscriber base and a handful of awesome supporters on Patreon. However, driving thousands of miles does eventually stack up, and as much as I love doing it, the cost of gas for these trips is getting crazier. I really want to continue producing this content, so I'm adding another way to help make this all possible.

The Youtube videos of the launches are broken into parts and feature ads to help recoup some of the costs of production. However, I'm now offering these full-length videos on a 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive. Here are the options and pricing:

One full-length video on USB - $20, shipping included
Three full-length videos on USB - $30, shipping included
"The Works" All SIX of the feature-length productions listed below - $40, shipping included

I currently only have ten flash drives on hand, so it'll be first come, first served.

The options for productions are:
LDRS 39 - Bonneville Salt Flats, 2021
LDRS 40 - Lucerne Dry Lake Bed, 2022
Airfest 26 - Argonia, 2020
Airfest 28 - Argonia, 2022
Red Glare Spring 2022 - MDRA
Midwest Power 20 - Princeton, IL 2022

The flash drives are unprotected, so you can still use them for your own storage/use, too. Many TVs and DVD players now integrate USB so you can watch these videos on TV and crack open a cold beverage of your choice and enjoy it on the couch.

Here is my most recent preview video for Airfest 28.

As I continue to produce videos, I'll update and add to this list. Obviously, given file size limitations, five is about the most I can fit on one. However, if these do well, I can look into moving to bigger flash drives for expanding the included videos.

I appreciate all of your patronage whether you're simply watching the videos or supporting financially. I'm having a blast, but it's a pretty costly passion to follow.

Braden

Last edited:
Hey All!
As some of you may know, I run a Youtube channel called Rocket Vlogs, where I document not only my builds but large launches around the country. I have a very supportive subscriber base and a handful of awesome supporters on Patreon. However, driving thousands of miles does eventually stack up, and as much as I love doing it, the cost of gas for these trips is getting crazier. I really want to continue producing this content, so I'm adding another way to help make this all possible.

The Youtube videos of the launches are broken into parts and feature ads to help recoup some of the costs of production. However, I'm now offering these full-length videos on a 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive. Here are the options and pricing:

One full-length video on USB - $15, shipping included
Three full-length videos on USB - $30, shipping included
"The Works" All five of the feature-length productions listed below - $40, shipping included

I currently only have ten flash drives on hand, so it'll be first come, first served.

The options for productions are:
LDRS 39 - Bonneville Salt Flats, 2021
LDRS 40 - Lucerne Dry Lake Bed, 2022
Airfest 26 - Argonia, 2020
Airfest 28 - Argonia, 2022
Red Glare Spring 2022 - MDRA

Coming soon:
Midwest Power 20 - Princeton, IL 2022

The flash drives are unprotected, so you can still use them for your own storage/use, too. Many TVs and DVD players now integrate USB so you can watch these videos on TV and crack open a cold beverage of your choice and enjoy it on the couch.

Here is my most recent preview video for Airfest 28.

As I continue to produce videos, I'll update and add to this list. Obviously, given file size limitations, five is about the most I can fit on one. However, if these do well, I can look into moving to bigger flash drives for expanding the included videos.

I appreciate all of your patronage whether you're simply watching the videos or supporting financially. I'm having a blast, but it's a pretty costly passion to follow.

Braden

Assuming these are AVI or MP4 files that can be copied off the thumb drive and onto one's other personal device?

Assuming these are AVI or MP4 files that can be copied off the thumb drive and onto one's other personal device?
Yessir! If you just want to pull them off to keep on your PC and use the USB drive for something else after you get it, that's fair game!

I realize that leaves it open to the possibility of sharing with others, but I'm pretty trusting of the rocket community. I've found there's a lot of good people.

Braden

Last edited:
So the Airfest 28 video...how long is it and what does it feature? Is it just the your big purple rocket or a bunch of different flights?

Yessir! If you just want to pull them off to keep on your PC and use the USB drive for something else after you get it, that's fair game!

I realize that leaves it open to the possibility of sharing with others, but I'm pretty trusting of the rocket community. I've found there's a lot of good people.

Braden
I agree, people who want to support the work/effort will and those who want to pirate it, will unfortunately. Can I get The Works, and pre-pay for MWP as well? :)

So the Airfest 28 video...how long is it and what does it feature? Is it just the your big purple rocket or a bunch of different flights?
It's an hour and 20 minutes. It's just like my other LDRS/Airfest videos that features pretty much every flight I captured on video.

Your disc golf basket is in there! ;)

I agree, people who want to support the work/effort will and those who want to pirate it, will unfortunately. Can I get The Works, and pre-pay for MWP as well? :)
Sure thing! I'll shoot you a message!

Braden

Braden, are you coming to MWP or are you and all the guys coming?

We're all hoping to have some BIG flights prepared as long as the weather plays nice.

Great work Braden, you are becoming the Ken Burns of the hobby!

Looking forward to your PBS documentary :)

Braden: you should try a tripod or a monopod stick with pan heads. They make ones with a fluid head on top so that when having the video camera at eye level, you can easily just push down on the arm and track the rockets ascending. It frees you up from constantly having to keep your body and arms steady. i liked seeing the line of tents and the rockets on their stands being displayed. Go to 19:40 in this video

This is a must see video for video heads:

Nevermind that the tripod is $4800 and the fluid head is $6,000 There are affordable fluid heads.

Last edited:
Braden: you should try a tripod or a monopod stick with pan heads. They make ones with a fluid head on top so that when having the video camera at eye level, you can easily just push down on the arm and track the rockets ascending. It frees you up from constantly having to keep your body and arms steady. i liked seeing the line of tents and the rockets on their stands being displayed. Go to 19:40 in this video

I've shot dozens of hours of rocket videos, tri-pods are not practical for our use case and I am confident @UPscaler will confirm/agree. :headspinning:

I've shot dozens of hours of rocket videos, tri-pods are not practical for our use case and I am confident @UPscaler will confirm/agree. :headspinning:
Absolutely. It's something I hear/read plenty. I encourage folks to make that recommendation to attempt to shoot a video with a tripod.

Even with a pan/fluid head, it doesn't offer a great opportunity to track rockets remarkably close unless you're shooting from exceptionally far away with a very long lens. In addition, tracking flights that don't quite go to plan or make sudden direction changes is also complicated. Finally, the use of a tripod effectively rules out using a viewfinder for shooting. So, I'd have to add a large shielded monitor to the whole setup to have any chance of seeing what's going on in the camera.

Plus, as was pointed out, good fluid heads are expensive.

I do appreciate the input when it's good-natured. However, the impracticality of it all that would necessitate thousands of dollars in camera equipment additions is certainly far from negligible, considering the content I'm producing right now is far from paying for itself. Haha

There's a reason the discovery channel shows / news coverage of launches only pan up for a moment and let the rocket fly out of frame or shoot the flight from very far away with little zoom.

Braden

Bump! The Midwest Power 20 video is now here and ready to ship on USB drives! You can still purchase them through here via a DM or they're now available on my square site here:

The Midwest Power video just JUST fit on a 32GB flash drive still. So, if you buy it here on TRF "The Works" now includes all six of the above-listed titles.

https://rocketvlogs.square.site/
Braden

Back