Full color decal sheets for customizing your rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which scheme?

• Thumbnail #1

• Thumbnail #2

• Thumbnail #3

• Thumbnail #1

• Thumbnail #2

• Thumbnail #3

Results are only viewable after voting.

shrox

Reaction score
Full color waterslide decals sheets for customizing your model rockets! One sheet has USAF markings and text, the second has classic roll pattern designs and checker boards, all sized to fit around BT-20, BT-50 and BT-55 tubes. The third features U.S. flags and UNITED STATES text written both horizontally and vertically. All these decals sheets are designed for use over white or light grey backgrounds. They are printed at 300 dpi and look sharp. Available next week!!

AllDecalsSm.jpg

All sheets are 8-1/2"x11" and will be shipped free!

shrox

Originally posted by shrox

All sheets are 8-1/2"x11" and will be shipped free!

How much? And will these require any clearcoat treatment before use?

But, remember there are Space Agency's outside the NASA and USA realm...
hint-hint.

They will be $6 each, all three for $15, free shipping (Canada and other countries are additional). They do not require any pre-treatment and can be sprayed over with Krylon or similar clear coat. They look sharp and bright on white backgrounds especially.

Brian, are you refering to the ESA? Just say so! There is RKA (Russian), NADSA (Japan), CSA (Canadian) and others as well.

shrox

Shrox,

These are pretty cool! I'll likely get one, but...

There's a lot of US Flags and UNITED STATES for the space...I'd like to see more stripes and stuff...I'm not really sure how to describe them though, more varied roll patterns, like on some of the Jupiter missiles, I think.

Jason

Kudos to you Shrox for this!

I was never satisfied with the Estes decal sets...OK I did like the D-13 set but that's all.

How about some windshields decals?

When can we order some?

sandman

Originally posted by jetra2
Shrox,

These are pretty cool! I'll likely get one, but...

There's a lot of US Flags and UNITED STATES for the space...I'd like to see more stripes and stuff...I'm not really sure how to describe them though, more varied roll patterns, like on some of the Jupiter missiles, I think.

Jason

That is what the roll pattern sheet is for. I am going to offer new ones too, Army, Navy and other space and scale. If I can get permission I'll make NASA ones too. The windshield one is a good idea, maybe with vents, warning texts and other "techno" markings.

shrox

The windshield one is a good idea, maybe with vents, warning texts and other "techno" markings.

YEA!!

Sorta like all the stuff on the old Astron Interceptor decals set (Gawd, I still remember that sucker took me almost eight hours to install all those decals!).

sandman

Any chance that a sheet could be made with just the different space agencies on it?

Nasa, CSA, ESA, RKA, NADSA - along with a few Estes and Centuri decals etc.

Call it the agency collection..8)

Any chance of some UK ones aswell? ;)

Its a good idea though!

Phil

That is what the roll pattern sheet is for. I am going to offer new ones too, Army, Navy and other space and scale. If I can get permission I'll make NASA ones too. The windshield one is a good idea, maybe with vents, warning texts and other "techno" markings.

shrox

Yeah, more vents, warning text, etc...
This is a great idea.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
If you chose Krylon, this is the stuff....
21703-OD1ww.jpg
I have never used that so I can't vouch for it.

shrox

I am going to offer new ones too, Army, Navy and other space and scale. If I can get permission I'll make NASA ones too. The windshield one is a good idea, maybe with vents, warning texts and other "techno" markings.

shrox

Personally, I'd love to see some Navy markings. And of course, those ever so descriptive "No Step" and "No Lift" stencils.

WW

I have never used that so I can't vouch for it.

shrox

When looking for some advice as to what to treat decals with. someone from this forum (I think it was micromister) suggested it over Krylon Crystal Clear. The problem with the Crystal Clear is that is has a tendency to crack and generally be less flexable. I've used both and the 1306 fixative is mucho betta!

:D

thanks for the tip!,,is there much difference in final gloss?
from my experience,the crystal clear is not quite as "clear" as other brands I've tried.

Originally posted by stymye
thanks for the tip!,,is there much difference in final gloss?
from my experience,the crystal clear is not quite as "clear" as other brands I've tried.

Actually, now that you mention it, I would say the 1306 has a bit more gloss than clear but it shows up more after the decal is applied. I know that sounds strange but my crystal clear decals always seemed a little cracked, where as the 1306 fixative decals seem very smooth.

great.! I'll have to get a can while I hit the hobby Lobby tomorrow

I'll do a test some inkjet decals as well

The custom decal sets are now available!!

Other new things at my site too. Now you can order the rockets I designed for Apogee and DynaStar right through me!

https://www.shrox.com

Enjoy!!

Back