FSI - Penetrator Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkII

Reaction score
Finally got around to painting and putting decals on my four year old Flight Systems MRK-1 Penetrator clone. Airframe, motor mount, nose cone and launch lug were supplied by Semroc. Plywood fins were supplied by me. The decals were obtained from Excelsior rocketry.

DSCF0784-1.jpg

Penetrator 4.jpg

Penetrator 6.jpg

That is a very nice looking rocket. I love the colors and look of the decals.

-Z

Thanks! Semroc also has an xKit of the Penetrator that is complete with decals. An xKit (expert kit) is somewhat analogous to a parts pack. All of the components but with minimal instructions. The builder uses the original kit's instructions, which can be found here, for information on how to build the rocket.

I built this clone back in 2007, about 4-6 months prior to Semroc's release of the Penetrator xKit.

snip... I built this clone back in 2007, about 4-6 months prior to Semroc's release of the Penetrator xKit.

Figures, right? Good looking scratch. I agree with Zetoyoc, the finish you gave it looks great.

I have a 24mm Penetrator clone just about complete. I'm going to epoxy-coat the balsa cone before finishing it.

Mark's gorgeous paint job is based on the kit instruction illustration.

I'm going to base the finish on a paint job from one of the catalog photos. No idea what the colors were, so I have some leeway.

Photos when I'm finished!

Back