Frick n Frack drag race @ NARAM?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be game if we can do it later part of naram so I can buy one from Jim and build it first....:D

I like that idea! I didn't even get a chance to fly a single model at LDRS... :(

two of my three are damaged, but I should have no problem getting them ready for NARAM.

Who else would be interested? Let's get the sky filled with'em! :)

That would be fine with me, although I expect to be leaving thursday morning to head to NERRF. Heck I'd be willing to do 1 early in the week and another on wednesday.

Of course you COULD just order 1 online tonight and Jim will probably have it in the mail tomorrow so you'd have plenty of time to get it built!:p

That would be fine with me, although I expect to be leaving thursday morning to head to NERRF. Heck I'd be willing to do 1 early in the week and another on wednesday.

Of course you COULD just order 1 online tonight and Jim will probably have it in the mail tomorrow so you'd have plenty of time to get it built!:p

I still would not get it built till naram since I am stormed with making parachutes and fire protection items. But if I get one from Jim Friday or Sat I would be ready by monday or tuesday. It will have to fly naked but most of my stuff has been flying that way lately since I can never find time to paint things.

Jim I need a Frich N Frack and also a lighthouse if you could please hold one of each for me at naram.

I still would not get it built till naram since I am stormed with making parachutes and fire protection items. But if I get one from Jim Friday or Sat I would be ready by monday or tuesday. It will have to fly naked but most of my stuff has been flying that way lately since I can never find time to paint things.

Jim I need a Frich N Frack and also a lighthouse if you could please hold one of each for me at naram.

Shouldn't be a problem :) bring your CA...

Oh yeah

What's a big launch without some sort of drag racing. I know we have the Frick and Frack, as well as the Wildman special.

Here is my challenge:

BIG HONKING SAUCERS AT DAWN

That's right bring out the 2' flying saucers. I am putting my 54mm Woket on the pad with a J90, I'm sure Chris Colby and Bob Hilton will cheat with Cesaroni like last year. So who else is upo for it

Boris K -> I'm pretty sure you have a big saucer.

That rocked! Anybody with a FnF who's still at NARAM, we should do that again before all us vendors leave for NERRF!

Both my flights were DQs. My old one one pad 4 didn't light the sustainer and my new one on pad 6 had a cato of the quest B6-0 but lit the sustainer anyway. you can see the fireballs in the pics.

FFDR_1.jpg

FFDR_2.jpg

FFDR_3.jpg

Those launch pictures are awesome! But how bad was the damage to the booster of the FnF that catoed?

no damage at all!

anybody still at NARAM let's do another on wednesday. we'll get Jim to pick a time.

That was fun.
We've done a couple of 7 way drag races at CMASS launches.
There is a slow motion video here, click on the You Tube link.
I had two in the launch, one in the for ground (the red and black one) and one in the middle in the back row.
Here are a couple of my pics.

Frick-F-Frack dr1 sm.jpg

Frick-N-Frack dr2 sm.jpg

Back