Frequent problem viewing image gallery on iPhone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

neil_w

Hunkered down and slowly going crazy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This applies to iPhone only. Works fine always on desktop.

Often, when I tap on an image to open the gallery view, some images only get partially loaded, like this:
Image_fail.PNG
Once this happens, there doesn't seem to be any way to force it to load properly (reload has no effect, etc.)

Very frustrating.

Last edited:

Charles_McG

Ciderwright
Reaction score
I saw that in the Black Brant thread this morning. Didn’t realize it was gallery associated.

BEC

Reaction score
I have had this problem as well....though I agree with Charles in that I’m not sure it’s a gallery problem. I’ll have to pay more attention to where I experience it to see if it’s confined there. It IS frustrating when it happens.

BBowmaster

Reaction score
That happens to me too, for the first picture in any set. If I click on the arrow button on the left, it fixes it.
1593361682682.png

neil_w

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have had this problem as well....though I agree with Charles in that I’m not sure it’s a gallery problem.
When I said gallery I was probably using the wrong word. I meant whatever it is when you touch an image and it zooms to the image viewer with the left and right arrows.
That happens to me too, for the first picture in any set. If I click on the arrow button on the left, it fixes it.
View attachment 422284
Which left arrow, the one to go to previous image? That doesn’t fix anything for me.

TSMILLER

Reaction score
I don't have the issue with the i-phone but with an IPAD. I've just lived with it.
When I touch the expand arrow it will open only that image in a new window. Once I close that window the remaining images load with no problem.

Last edited:

beeblebrox

8 C6-0, 12 D11-9, 20 D20-0, 20 E5-0, 3 Cinerocs
Reaction score

Often, when I tap on an image to open the gallery view, some images only get partially loaded, like this:
View attachment 422273
Once this happens, there doesn't seem to be any way to force it to load properly (reload has no effect, etc.)

Very frustrating.
The simple solution, get rid of the iPhone. Get an Android...

jhartman009

Reaction score

View attachment 422273

Very frustrating.
This will happen to me also. Almost always the first image. Tap on the partial image. At the top of the screen tap on the export icon. (Square with an arrow pointing to the 2 o’clock position.) The complete image will now appear. When you are done viewing it tap the image and tap on the X at the top right of the screen. You will then be taken back to the partial image. To view the next image simply tap on it.

rklapp

NAR# 291223
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It happens on my desktop, usually the first photo in a series. It does show when I click on the download icon on the upper left. It then shows in a separate tab. Actually, it hasn't been a problem the past week.

neil_w

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This will happen to me also. Almost always the first image. Tap on the partial image. At the top of the screen tap on the export icon. (Square with an arrow pointing to the 2 o’clock position.) The complete image will now appear. When you are done viewing it tap the image and tap on the X at the top right of the screen. You will then be taken back to the partial image. To view the next image simply tap on it.
That works, but is pretty annoying. The export control opens the image in a new tab, which itself takes a second or two to animate, and then you need to switch back the previous tab to resume what you're doing.

I would hope this could be fixed, given that it's pretty easy to reproduce.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I'm asking developer for some help on this.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I see that at least one of you are on AT&T, are the others on At&T?

neil_w

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on Verizon, but I also see the problem when I'm on wi-fi, so it shouldn't be carrier-related.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
I see it routinely on my iPad.

Tap on the export icon and choose “view”.

Annoying as hell.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
There has been some site tweaking today that should fix the issue. Please test it out and report back.

neil_w

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Dare I say it has actually gotten worse? Seems much more frequent based on some quick testing. Definitely not fixed.