Freedom Launch 2017 – Camden/Rembert, SC Who’s coming and what are you flying?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidm

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for people to post that they will be coming to the launch. We also will be putting out information via this thread and Facebook. This year the days are September 2, 3, and 4. All days will be EX

Sparky Motors:
We anticipate being able to fly sparky motors all three days. All sparky motors will be flown from the high power launch site that is set up over dirt so as to limit the chance of fire.

Vendors:
At this time we anticipate Ken from Performance Hobbies will be attending all three days.

Food Vender:
More info to come.

Hotel information:
A large Nascar race is the same weekend so we anticipate room rates to be higher than normal. We are looking into hotels in the Sumter area that might be a more reasonable rate. More information to come.

Events:
There is a local individual that has special access to the launches in Cape Canaveral that would like to give a slideshow of his photography. We’ll be setting up a evening and time for this presentation once we know more about the local hotels and where everyone will be staying.

David McCloy
Prefect of ICBM - TRA #60

I thought we were doing research all the time now. To do otherwise is pointless in my opinion.

Booked my flights last week and will be coming from Germany.
Can't miss Freedom Launch and all the great people their, for sure :)
Just need to find a hotel....

I thought we were doing research all the time now. To do otherwise is pointless in my opinion.

Jim, last year the decision was this is a joint launch between the clubs. The majority of the members who have voiced an opinion preferred to do it this way.

I just booked my room at the EconoLodge in Lugoff for the August event and Freedom Launch, and the rates were the same as I always pay there. They didn't jack up the prices. $59.00 a night + tax. 2 nights was $134.06 and 3 nights was $201.09

Booked my flights last week and will be coming from Germany.
Can't miss Freedom Launch and all the great people their, for sure :)
Just need to find a hotel....

Looking forward to having you again at a launch.

Thanks David!

Chuck, will you be taking part this year?

Thanks for posting this thread David. I'll be attending on 2 of 3 days & I look forward to seeing Gary's new creations.
Regards,
Fred, L2
ICBM member, Camden
KG4YGP

Thanks David!

Chuck, will you be taking part this year?

Leo,

I am hoping to be there. My mother and Bridgett's father are ill so I may have to use up all my vacation days prior to Freedom Launch.

With booking.com,its 254 for 4 nights at days inn. I was able to reserve a room room 4 days across the street at Econo Lodge with choicehotels.com for 50 a night prepaid no cancelation. 2 beds up to 4 people.*

Booked my room in Sumter as my preferred hotels in Camden are full.

Back