FREE ROCKET GIVEAWAY 🚀

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best name for a rocket...I'd have to say Bullet Boob Berth. Scratch built same as a BB except a pointed nose cone painted to look like a boob. Rocket is yellow and the color of paints I had on hand makes the nose cone look more like a pencil than a boob. Decals by Sticker Shock in the fluffy style Red letters.
Name for the Bull Pup...Heavy Hitting Bully
Favorite Holiday Movie...It's an old one (B&W) can't remember the name. About a homeless man and his dog take over a mansion in New York while it's vacant for the winter. Ends up the owner and seperated wife and their daughter and a bunch of other people join him. In the end the daughter gets her man, the old rich couple are back together, a guy ends up getting land with barracks to turn into apartment homes for vets. And the homeless dude gets to come through the front door next year instead of crawling through the fence and entering the home through a man hole cover.
Even the 2 cops on patrol that check the house joins in on the New Years Party!
Someone will know the name and post it...I hope.
Always plays this time of year on TCM, but we don't pay for TV any more so I won't get to see it this year.

The Holidays are here and I was in the mood to do something fun. So how about a free giveaway????
I will be giving away a brand new unopened Estes Bull Pup.
All I ask is that you reply on this thread answering one or all the following questions to be entered into the giveaway.

1.What’s your best name you gave a rocket?
2.What’s a good name for the bull pup rocket?
3. What’s your favorite holiday movie?

also if we can keep it to one post per person to keep it clean and easy to select the winner

Giveaway will be from today
12/1/21 to 12/9/21—12midnight at that point I will use random.org to select our winner and send them a private message

Good luck and happy holidays to ALL

**See post number 10
For an update another rocket being given away !!! That’s two winners being picked**
View attachment 492263
1.High Times
2.Get Some
3.National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

1.What’s your best name you gave a rocket? Color Me Gone!
2.What’s a good name for the bull pup rocket? Louie Louie
3. What’s your favorite holiday movie? A Christmas Story

Thanks, this is a fun thread!

Heh. The Bullpup is definitely the most lost rocket in my life.
F few years ago I talked a friend into building a rocket, so I got 3 from the hobby store, and we built them together.
They were named lefty, middie, and rightie. "launch position, obviously.
So, we launch them into the leading edge of a cloud that turned out to be a thunderstorm.
Never saw them again.
But! I got an email from a guy in North Carolina about a year later, from a guy that found "middie" in the woods while hunting.
That was over 500 miles away; no telling how it got there.

1. The Tyger. Bright orange, with a waterslide decal of its name made in William Blake's font (guess I was feeling artsy/literary that day).
2. Barkus. Volunteered by my kids.
3. Obviously, the holiday classic Jingle All The Way!

Thanks for the fun contest!

1. Best Rocket Name: "They Go Up So Fast" -Rocket Lab (Not mine, but I may steal it)
2. Bullpup Name: Clifford
3. Best Christmas Movie: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

1. I've only ever named one rocket that didn't already have a name associated with it. Cherry.
2. 'Come back!'
3. Die Hard and Lampoon Christmas Vacation are the first that come to mind. Probably others too depending on the mood.

1. Midnight Blue (It was painted Cherry Red...) Think of the song...
2. Dead Puppies aren't much fun ... Again think of the song
3. Die Hard ... I hate musicals...lol

ELMER THUDD. It's the name I gave my Estes Firing Line RTF X-15. It small, all plastic, and it doesn't matter if the chute deploys or not (half the time it doesn't). It whacks into the ground and is good to go again right away!

Given all the pointy bits, "Spike".

This answer may vary from day to day for me, but right now it's "Rare Exports".

Favorite Holiday Movie...It's an old one (B&W) can't remember the name. About a homeless man and his dog take over a mansion in New York while it's vacant for the winter. Ends up the owner and seperated wife and their daughter and a bunch of other people join him. In the end the daughter gets her man, the old rich couple are back together, a guy ends up getting land with barracks to turn into apartment homes for vets. And the homeless dude gets to come through the front door next year instead of crawling through the fence and entering the home through a man hole cover.
Even the 2 cops on patrol that check the house joins in on the New Years Party!
Someone will know the name and post it...I hope.
Always plays this time of year on TCM, but we don't pay for TV any more so I won't get to see it this year.
It Happened on Fifth Avenue...

“ill tempered machine” for an Estes Mean Machine.
No name, just put a picture of a bull and a puppy. Let people figure it out.
A Christmas Carol (1984) with George C. Scott

1. Im a big LA Dodger/baseball fan, so of course this rocket was called Dodgers.
2. Cool Pup
3. Christmas Vacation is a tradition we watch every Christmas Eve ever since I was little kid. Might have to break that tradition though.
I have to change the name I gave for the bull pup after watching dumb and dumber. Harry Dunn came up with a good one after he successfully mated a bulldog with a Shih Tzu…Bullshit

Back