Free Motor Buying Resource!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman

Reaction score
I was contemplating which motors to buy for my first mid power launch in September (On a Loc Aura if you're interested :) ). I sat there looking at the range of motors available, and wondered which to buy. Lots at once, saving on delivery? Just the one, to see how it went? One of each motor?
To help me decide, I made this: The motor buying helper spreadsheet thingy of doom! (Yeah, needs a better title...)

You type in the motors you want, the prices, the delivery fee, your budget and how many of each motor you want, and it calculates the total cost, the cost per flight, and how much budget you have left (If any :p)

NOTE: Motor names are called "Placeholder". Just type what you like in the cell. Cost of motor is 0. Type in how much it is as a number (i.e 10.00 not £10.00 or $10.00). Quantity is automatically set to 0. Delivery fee is set to 10. Budget is set at 100 (Round number).
There are 10 spaces for motors. Leave anything you don't change as is!

Download the excel file attached in the post below, the one attached to this post has an error in the "Cost per flight" formula!

Tom

EDIT: I've put the cost of one motor at 20, and another at 10, and the quantities as 1 and 3 respectively (as examples)

View attachment Motor Template.xlsx

Last edited:
Back