Free Laser Cutting!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 80W CO2 laser cutter that I would like to make available to the Forum members. Here are the particulars:
  1. You provide materials - I can comfortably cut plastic and plywood up to 3/8" thick.
  2. You provide packing and shipping:
    1. Flat-pack (plain cardboard folded to make a packet) is cheap and works both ways - I will turn the packing inside out for the return trip.
    2. Pre-paid, filled out return shipping label.
  3. I will donate 8 hours a month to this effort - 4 hours every other Sunday, the finished parts will be shipped the next day.
  4. Follow the guidelines for materials safe to cut:
    (https://www.troteclaser.com/en-gb/l...yRDbU5gP3rq-_gXPvBhEx4pSw3YCtfwQaAmn4EALw_wcB)
  5. I reserve the right to reject materials I cannot identify - make it easy and be sure ahead of time.
  6. There may be light scorch marks around the cut (top and bottom) - If this is critical, provide a liner to the top/bottom of your material. Frisket film (https://www.amazon.com/Grafix-Airbr...ocphy=9011817&hvtargid=pla-310385995158&psc=1) is easy to apply to the surface (like on nice plywood) and mitigates any scorch marks.
  7. The part to be cut should be represented in DXF format, LightBurn Format (the software the Laser cutter uses), or a well-dimensioned text file - for example
    "Centering ring for 38mm motor tube in a 3.95" airframe - 1.635" ID, 3.95" OD - Engrave text - 'Fred's First Thrust Ring' - Arial to fit around the ring"
  8. I will do my best to accommodate other formats but I will not spend more than 20 minutes per request on conversion.
  9. Last but not least - this is a service I am providing to this community - it is not a license to manufacture free kits to sell. If you have a big project for a school/event let me know and I will see what I can do to help.
  10. You can contact me through the Rocketry Forum - perhaps the admin can help us set up a separate forum if there is enough interest.
Happ and safe flying!

Attachments

• laser-rings1.JPG
    laser-rings1.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 1
  • laserrings2.JPG
    laserrings2.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 1
Back