Free KFC Grilled Chicken Meals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen

Reaction score
Here's a free KFC dinner to make up for those shipping costs that are going up. :)

I was able to print off 4 coupons that must be used between 5/5 and 5/10. Sorry guys, not good on Mother's Day, plus you should be treating the moms and sweeties in your life better than KFC on Mother's Day anyway.

Coupon download available from 9 a.m. CDT on May 5, 2009, to 9:59 p.m. CDT on May 6, 2009.
https://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090430-tows-kfc-coupon-download

Install the "coupon printer"??? :eyepop:

Not a chance.... :neener:

Install the "coupon printer"??? :eyepop:

Not a chance.... :neener:

I use that coupon printer already. It simply counts the number of times you print it on that computer. Some coupons can only be printed once. Others twice. This one allows 4 times and then it tells you you printed it the maximum number of times allowed.

It does not print on it's own without your involvement.

I use that coupon printer already. It simply counts the number of times you print it on that computer. Some coupons can only be printed once. Others twice. This one allows 4 times and then it tells you you printed it the maximum number of times allowed.

It does not print on it's own without your involvement.

I only got two. :(

The laptop wanted to install the 'coupon printer', and even after doing that it would not let me print to a network printer. Desktop happily printed off 4 coupons without requiring the 'coupon printer' installation. Both machines WinXP SP3.

P.S. 'Coupon Printer' uninstalled without difficulty.

I already had that coupon printer installed--haven't had any problems with it.

I saw a news article today that said the response has been so overwhelming they've had problems both with the coupon and at the franchises, which weren't prepared for so many takers. I think I'll have a back-up plan when we take ours in.

IThe first time I tried, it sent me to a pdf file on the website. That coupon did not need the coupon printer and printed lots of copies. :eyepop::cool: All the other times I went to the site it went to the coupon printer. Could not print at work with the coupon printer, but could at home. I tried to load the pdf from the website directly, but it is no longer there.

the kfc's in my area are only take x number a day now. and theirs one that refuses to take them

Looks like they were swamped:

We are so sorry, but due to the overwhelming response to our FREE Kentucky Grilled Chicken™ meal coupon, we can no longer redeem the free coupon at this time. But we will honor our commitment to giving you a free Kentucky Grilled Chicken meal.

Please visit a participating KFC restaurant for a rain check form. Complete the form, attach your original coupon , and give it to the KFC restaurant manager or postmark per the form’s instructions, by May 19, 2009, and we’ll send you a rain check for your free Kentucky Grilled Chicken meal at a later date, plus a free Pepsi with our compliments. Your participating KFC restaurant will provide you with the form you need.

Please note that the redemption periods of the rain checks will vary. All other terms and conditions of the original free Kentucky Grilled Chicken coupon will apply.

I've heard this and I've also known restaurants that are still accepting coupons.

Who knows what's going on these days?!

I think the free chicken special was featured on Oprah earlier last week which caused the overwhelming response. If we could only get a rocketry feature on Oprah I think this hobby would be set.

KFC sucks; yesterday my wife ran by a nearby KFC after work to bring some food home for Mother's Day at her parents house. She was charged a whopping $19.99 + tax for a meager 12 piece grilled bucket. I've been in
restaurant management for 23 years previously (Farmer Browns Chicken &
Biscuits/Churches Chicken/Popeyes) and have NEVER heard of any 12 piece
charged that much. A complete, total and blatant ripoff.

The best chicken dinner available is from my local IGA grocery store's deli department.

One whole rotisserie chicken for $4.99. Cheaper if you stop in at the end of the day.

That's basically 8 pieces of chicken

and some stuff (the back and misc parts if I clean the meat off the bones) for the dogs. No I don't give chicken bones to my dogs.

KFC sucks; yesterday my wife ran by a nearby KFC after work to bring some food home for Mother's Day at her parents house. She was charged a whopping $19.99 + tax for a meager 12 piece grilled bucket. I've been in
restaurant management for 23 years previously (Farmer Browns Chicken &
Biscuits/Churches Chicken/Popeyes) and have NEVER heard of any 12 piece
charged that much. A complete, total and blatant ripoff.
IMHO, something is not a "ripoff" unless it doesn't meet the advertised description, e.g. fraudulent. Is the bucket listed on the menu as "12 piece"? If so, then the buyer should have a pretty good idea of what they're going to get for their $19.99+tax. If they don't like it, they can vote with their wallet. Nobody is forcing them to patronize KFC (or wherever).

IMHO, something is not a "ripoff" unless it doesn't meet the advertised description, e.g. fraudulent. Is the bucket listed on the menu as "12 piece"? If so, then the buyer should have a pretty good idea of what they're going to get for their $19.99+tax. If they don't like it, they can vote with their wallet. Nobody is forcing them to patronize KFC (or wherever).

Maybe so, my wife probably wasn't sure if she was getting a good deal. One
interesting website to look at concerning complaints against many companies
is https://www.complaints.com/ Click it and type in KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken and see what you get.

:bangpan:Please allow me to translate........:bangpan:

We are so sorry, but due to the overwhelming response to our FREE Kentucky Grilled Chicken™ meal coupon, we can no longer redeem the free coupon at this time. (Please excuse the total ineptness of our marketing department for not realizing people would want a free meal during one of the worst economic times in 100 years!But we will honor our commitment to giving you a free Kentucky Grilled Chicken meal.All you have to do is jump through hoops and stand on your head and spit out wooden nickels!

Please visit a participatingWhy don't you tell me which ones are participating before I drive all over town to find out! KFC restaurant Spend your time and your gas for our screw up for a rain check form. Complete the form, attach your original couponI'll make sure I'll bring a stapler with me , and give it to the KFC restaurant manager or postmarkspend 44 more cents per the form’s instructions, by May 19, 2009, and we’ll send you a rain check for your free Kentucky Grilled Chicken meal at a later date, plus a free Pepsi with our compliments. Your participating KFC restaurant will provide you with the form you need.

Please note that the redemption periods of the rain checks will vary. KFC will decide when you get to eat your meal not you.All other terms and conditions of the original free Kentucky Grilled Chicken coupon will apply. Don't forget if you got one coupon for everybody in your family well you all need to fill out a rain check and you all could get redemtion dates that vary. What a deal. What a bargain. That was easy.! :bangpan::bangpan::bangpan::bangpan:

:bangpan:Please allow me to translate........:bangpan:
I think you nailed that one pretty accurately, especially your first line (...total ineptness...). What were they thinking, after all??? Oh, wait, maybe they WEREN'T thinking...
Looks like I probably wasted two sheets of printer paper and some toner. I think I'll cut my losses there and pass on the whole thing.

Last edited:
Back