Free Astrobee D scale data!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
Aerojet General Corporation has received a good response to their Astrobee 1500 data packed on DVD and has created a data package/CD covering the Astrobee D sounding rocket.

This data includes manufacturer drawings, sales brochures, flight reports and pictures (Samples attached).

This is an experiment by a few of the Aerojet staff to gauge the interest in making this information available to modelers.

And...It's free!

In order to obtain one of these data CDs, you will need to write a polite and professional letter to Aerojet requesting the CD.

Write to:

Judy Bauer
Aerojet Communications Dept.
P.O. Box 13222
Sacramento, CA 95813

In your letter request, "...A CD of historical information on the Astrobee D".

A few notes about ordering this data:

1) Requests MUST be in writing. Please do not call or try to e-mail.

2) One CD per letter.

3) Please do not request information on any other Aerojet products along with the Astrobee D data requests.

Again, this is a test project. Depending on the response to the Astrobee D data, data CDs/DVDs for other Aerojet sounding rockets may be made available at a later date.

Several Aerojet staff in the Communications Department and other areas of the company have worked to make this data available to modelers. Aerojet has a long history of developing important rockets for scientific and government needs.

This data would make an excellent resource while building the AeroTech Astrobee D model.

Even if you don't believe you would ever build an Astrobee D model, looking through all the information on the CD is pretty cool!

And, remember, it's free!

So, don't hesitate to write Aerojet and request your copy of Astrobee D data. Be sure to thank them for making this resource available.

Astrobee D SG-200540__A_DWG_01_02.jpg

Astrobee D WI-71-62.jpg

It can be hard to locate scale data on these older rockets and the data packets are a wonderful resource.

I want to thank Aerojet for providing these Sounding Rocket data packets.

My CD just showed up today.

OMG! This is one of the COOLEST things I have ever seen. Includes grain geometries, nozzle drawings, old FORTRAN code for performance analysis, and some data on competitor's rockets :D

Thanks for the tip, Bob. This is priceless!

To:

Judy Bauer
Aerojet Communications Dept.
P.O. Box 13222
Sacramento, CA 95813

Ms. Bauer,

It has come to my attention Aerojet General Corporation has created a data package/CD covering the Astrobee D sounding rocket.

Furthermore that this is an experiment by a few of the Aerojet staff to gauge the interest in making this information available to modelers.

This data includes manufacturer drawings, sales brochures, flight reports and pictures.

If possible I would like to obtain one of these data CDs covering the Astrobee D sounding rocket. Also, I was wondering if there are any previouse data CDs available and are any more data CDs planned for the future?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerly,

Last edited:
I sent off my letter two weeks ago and got the Astrobee D scale data on two CDs a few days back.
It's a lot of information on the rocket and some interesting pictures of the flight crew too!

Great idea! Hopefully something comes of your request.

Some please mod bradycros's post up +1 for me. Thx.

Sent from my mobile phone.

I sent off my letter two weeks ago and got the Astrobee D scale data on two CDs a few days back.
It's a lot of information on the rocket and some interesting pictures of the flight crew too!

/QUOTE]

Was there any mention of future CDs being made available?

No mention in the CD package.
There was no letter, just the CDs.

Sorry!

Well, it's been three years since I got my Astrobee-D CD. Any further releases?

Last edited:
I sent a letter to Aerojet 6 weeks ago and haven't received a reply so I'm guessing the documentation package is no longer available. Would anyone on this thread who has the package be willing to share a copy? I'll gladly pay for all duplication costs. I'm hoping to build an Astrobee D for the Scale competition at NARAM-61. Thanks.

The Aerojet facility in Sacramento has been closed.
What remains of Aerojet was moved to Huntsville, AL.

All the files from Aerojet's past were thrown away after the plant closed. :(

I sent a letter to Aerojet 6 weeks ago and haven't received a reply so I'm guessing the documentation package is no longer available. Would anyone on this thread who has the package be willing to share a copy? I'll gladly pay for all duplication costs. I'm hoping to build an Astrobee D for the Scale competition at NARAM-61. Thanks.

Jim,

You are in luck, sir !

Shoot me an email and I will send you a Dropbox invitation ( at zero cost - LOL ).

You will receive all of the AEROJET data, plus additional data items . . . ENJOY !

[email protected]

Dave F.

Last edited:
Jim,

You are in luck, sir !

Shoot me an email and I will send you a Dropbox invitation ( at zero cost - LOL ).

You will receive all of the AEROJET data, plus additional data items . . . ENJOY !

[email protected]

Dave F.

Does the data have a proper paint scheme of the rocket? I keep seeing different ones

Back