FOUND - Original TRM hardware 'manual'

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Does anyone still have a copy anywhere of the instructions that came with Kosdon TRM hardware?
I met a guy this weekend who said that there were instructions to spray the inside of the hardware with some silicone spray.

If you do have a copy, I would greatly appreciate a scan or photo.

Thanks

S1

Last edited:

pyrobob

Reaction score
Pretty sure I have a few to choose from but I don't recall running across any where this was specified; I'll see what I can dig up. The examples I have are all "tame" motors by Kosdon standards so there might be a few out there where this was spec'd.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
I am currently using dry silicone lubricant spray (3m 08897). I spray it into the case before I assemble anything into it. Sure helps this slide in.
The KBA loads states the standard 'lightly grease the outiside of the liner tube'.
The 38 loads are a bugger to dissemble and clean after a flight, but they dont have a liner!!
Now I am looking at my K700 54mm. Wondering if i should just stay with the silicon spray or if there is something better.
I suppose it is no different a procedure than any other snap ring loads/hardware.

Thanks for any help

tfish

Reaction score
Kosdon instructions? I think it would be easier to find a herd of unicorns. IIRC...some, maybe all except the c-slots did not use liners. Be low is how "real" Kosdon reload kits came.

Tony

kosdon reloads.jpg

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
I actually meant, were there any specific instructions that came with the hardware at any point.

Yup, I have a couple of ziplock bags with 38mm loads in them, reddish dust, grains numbered, with the 1 grain having an arrow. I think those were the 'how to put this together' instructions for the reloads.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Last edited:

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have a few to choose from but I don't recall running across any where this was specified; I'll see what I can dig up. The examples I have are all "tame" motors by Kosdon standards so there might be a few out there where this was spec'd.
hey Bob.... have you managed to try one of the KBA K700 monsters yet??? I will try and get video of the launch next time, these things are deafening.

tfish

Reaction score
I'll be go to hell...I've always heard there was no such thing! .....Unicorns!

Thanks for finding and posting.

Tony