Quantcast

Forum Arrangement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
There have been several suggetions made over the past several months concerning new forum creations. All have been declined by the admins/mods as the desire to keep the forum simple and easy to navigate has remained pre-eminent.

Since there is an upgrade in the works, I like to float an idea,

Re-task the contests forum as it has negligible use compared to the other listings. Then allow for the creation of a new forum which may get more interest. I still believe an advanced topics forum would be good.

The contest info would easily fit into the events forum.

A

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
This sounds like a reasonable and useful proposal...but then I don't really get a vote :p

KenParker

Reaction score
We'll give your proposal serious consideration. But, it may be a while.

Right now, we're trying to finish something that is taking much longer than we ever thought it would take. Please bear with us.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
There have been several suggetions made over the past several months concerning new forum creations. All have been declined by the admins/mods as the desire to keep the forum simple and easy to navigate has remained pre-eminent.

As for simplifying, I've always wondered why there's low/mid/high power groups and then a separate propulsion group. Nearly everything in propulsion fits into one of the power categories. Even if the information is generic, it usually refers to one or at most two of the categories.

And since rockets tend to fall into those categories also, and people tend to post about the rockets in those forums, having a separate kits forum seems redundant.

Latest posts