Forum App

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
Dang the new version of the forum app sucks. Usually browse at work on my phone but it may be home computer from now on. Don't feel comfortable using my work computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Just changed a bunch of settings to make it better... Ditched the picture preview.
But the ads are huge compared to posts. That's annoying.

rockets

My PM's won't load since the last update or so, so instead of replying quickly via my phone I have to wait until I can get to my home desktop PC.

Mine never worked on the app before, I will have to check this new version.
I just discovered that the new app version had been released when I opened my App this morning. It was the previous version that wouldnt open or allow PM'ing. At least with the new version I can now open my PM's, too bad the appearance sucks, the last version was simple and functional this version is cluttered.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I just tweaked it to remove the preview of the pics and it is better. My only complaint at this stage, as someone who paid a life time membership, is that I cannot seem to turn off the ads. Besides supporting the forum, one of the advertised benefits of the paid membership was no ads. I would hope that this option is added to the app.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Another vote for Tapatalk. I bought in a while ago so have VIP membership (no ads); all my forums in one place. Tapatalk has its own issues, but is pretty good. I'm currently on the beta channel for it.

Give it a whirl!

Apparently this new app y'all are talking about is for android only. Haven't seen any updates for iPhone.

I'll check it out on my android phone. Thanks for posting about it.

On the app now and not seeing the same problems. If you put this in the Feedback and Announcement forum to be seen sooner. Checking it out.

The new version works fine for me, PMs included. I don't mind the new format at all.

I have sent to tech to find out about things. rstaff3, glad it's working better for you.

Not seeing an update for iPhone yet . The app is almost all I use.
I know last time they had an update the search function disappeared . Hopefully with the new update it comes back.

Guys, I found out what is happening and what will be happening going forward.

The forum app was about to disappear unless updated, so the tech guys updated it and the issues you have seen happened. I've been feeding emails to them over the weekend and they are working on getting rid of the issues RIGHT NOW. It may be a day or so before the issues are totally resolved. But they have heard you about the ads. I hope this helps you with the app and give us a little time to make it just right.

I made a post in the Forum Announcement and Support forum. I'll check here and there if you have comments and questions.

Back