Foreign Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
I plan to send a friend in Uzbekistan a FlisKit model rocket kit for her Birthday. However, I am not sure if they have any motors in that part of the world for her to use. So, I was wondering if anybody knows where someone living in a former part of Russia can get some model rocket motors? They don’t have to be Estes motors… I am sure there are foreign made motors that will work fine in this bird.

How big a motor will be needed?
As far as I know, in eastern european countries there is just a strong FAI competition going on, but these are rather low thrust long burn motors and impulse up to "E".
Even in western Europe only a few countries "know" motors bigger than the D12 officially (that's England, Sweeden, Switzerland and The Netherlands).

Juerg
Prefect TRA Switzerland (ARGOS)

This should be available in eastern Europe, but don't ask me how readily available!
If your friend flies rockets allready, it shouldn't be a problem.

Juerg

Doug
are you sure that it's even" legal " to fly rockets in the region your friend lives ....if no motors are availiable to the area than
thats a possibility, or mabey not

No, because
- motors cannot be sent by mail in Europe
- motors are "explosives" and regulated, you need an import license anyway.
Best is to check if motors are available locally. I suggest to contact US FIA flyers who have contacts to russian competitors if you don't want to ask your friend.

Juerg

Well, that is another concern. Is it legal for her to even fly it where she is at. Then again, I think this is something she would rather save. Maybe if I ever visit her, we could build it together... and see what I can do on the spot for flying it...

Back